Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-Twin Manufaturing Stepped drag pipes and Bassani Pro Street

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 03:01 AM
Laaassseee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Twin Manufaturing Stepped drag pipes and Bassani Pro Street

Hi,

I have straight drag pipes at my Sportster (1992, 1200) now and i want a new exhaust, mainly for the look's but also these pipes are in the way of my new forward controls..

I also like the V-Twin Manufacturing Stepped, slash cut drag pipes. They look an awful lot like the Bassani Pro Street and both are stepped with the same pipe diameter.
Do you guys have any reviews on either the V-Twin or Bassani Pro street? Performance and sound..
The bassani's are according to the sales text made for street bikes and to add low end torque (opposite of normal drag pipes).

As a side note, I've also been thinking a lot about getting the Danmoto since the price is very fair and the performance is great. But i don't like the looks of the one that fits my year and it's not fitted with forward controls. I've seen the version for 2004- fitted on older sportsters like mine with forward controls. So that might be possible.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Mborras1
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If you are thinking of new pipes and Dan moto is on your list think about saving a little more $$$. I was in that same place last year and almost pulled the trigger on those pipes but started to think about not liking the rawish look of them. I ended up getting the Cobra RPT 2-1 and glad I did. They don’t sound hollow aren’t that loud at idle but open up when when you hit the gas.
also feel I am getting better performance feels like an automatic 10hp increase. I just need to dial in my tunner but might pull the trigger on a Dyna this year.

Old 01-20-2019, 01:57 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Great looking bike. What did you use to lay the shocks down? Looks like some kind of mount extension on the swingarm?

John

Old 01-20-2019, 02:16 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,358 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by John Harper
...snip...
What did you use to lay the shocks down? Looks like some kind of mount extension on the swingarm?
John
To me, it appears to be an adjustable lowering "kit", similar to this:
Amazon Amazon

T.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:24 PM
Laaassseee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank's...
It's called lowering blocks.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:52 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,358 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by Laaassseee
Thank's...
It's called lowering blocks.
I know that, I've had a set installed since '13...
Your picture made it somewhat hard to see though.
Here's a pic of mine:

T.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:45 AM
owenewowen
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

I've also been curios about the Pro Streets vs the V-twin Slash cuts. I saw a set of what I assumed to be the V-twins on a bike near work the other day, the welds were pretty ugly, but if you wrapped 'em it wouldn't be noticeable.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:02 AM
mrhammer2u
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,399 Likes on 957 Posts

You may want to look into ground clearance as well. I thought I remembered seeing some reviews where that pipe configuration scraped a bit early. Especially on low bikes like yours.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:54 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by owenewowen
I've also been curios about the Pro Streets vs the V-twin Slash cuts. I saw a set of what I assumed to be the V-twins on a bike near work the other day, the welds were pretty ugly, but if you wrapped 'em it wouldn't be noticeable.
Go with the V&H Straightshots. Basically the same thing. A stepped header with a removable baffle and the heatshield that wraps almost all the way around make it appear as 1 diameter pipe. No ugly welds. Remove the baffle if you want tho they're plenty loud with them. Or replace with baffle of your choice.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Go with the V&H Straightshots. Basically the same thing. A stepped header with a removable baffle and the heatshield that wraps almost all the way around make it appear as 1 diameter pipe. No ugly welds. Remove the baffle if you want tho they're plenty loud with them. Or replace with baffle of your choice.

im pretty sure straight shots are 1.75 strait drag pipes and they consider the heat shied a muffler body because the actual 1.75 pipe stops a bit short of the end of the heat shield. Take the heat shields off and it’s a 50 dollar set of drag pipes.

I maybe wrong, but that’s what the long shots are. I’m pretty sure the shorts are the same for 91-03 bikes.

Quick Reply: V-Twin Manufaturing Stepped drag pipes and Bassani Pro Street