Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XR 1200 fast idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 06:53 AM
Devils Cutau
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky enough one butterfly screw was only slightly loose. as a precaution I removed both screws, checked the threads and lock tight both of in. THANKS TO YOU GUYS YA JUST SAVED ME MOTOR as I am sure they would have ended up inside the motor eventually. SO I OWE YOU GUYS A FAVOUR. ANYONE IN NSW NEED A FAVOUR OR HELP LET ME KNOW
The both lines that come from the air box to the top of each Rocker Cases have cracks so i have ordered a set of those which will help
I checked every other bolt, screw, nut on the bike as I do ride a **** load of ks
Things get easy when you know somethings not right and you address the problem before it becomes a bigger one
The second is have a good crew of riders to help with advice

Old 07-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Midpegs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,119 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Devils Cutau
Lucky enough one butterfly screw was only slightly loose. as a precaution I removed both screws, checked the threads and lock tight both of in. THANKS TO YOU GUYS YA JUST SAVED ME MOTOR as I am sure they would have ended up inside the motor eventually. SO I OWE YOU GUYS A FAVOUR. ANYONE IN NSW NEED A FAVOUR OR HELP LET ME KNOW
The both lines that come from the air box to the top of each Rocker Cases have cracks so i have ordered a set of those which will help
I checked every other bolt, screw, nut on the bike as I do ride a **** load of ks
Things get easy when you know somethings not right and you address the problem before it becomes a bigger one
The second is have a good crew of riders to help with advice
Oh **** , I've just stripped and inspected my carb and that's one thing I didn't check . What a wasted opportunity !

Old 09-25-2023, 12:26 AM
oleksa
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shanneba
I don't think there is a reset procedure.

• At idle (closed throttle), the signal is typically in the range of 0.2-0.8V.
• At wide open throttle, the signal is normally 4.0-4.9V.

Inspect ECM harness and TPS connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, inoperative
locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, poor terminal-to-wire connection, corrosion and damaged harness.

The TMAP VSS and TPS are all connected to the same reference line (+5V REF). If the line goes to ground or open, multiple
trouble codes may be set. Check the wiring and connections for the TMAP and VSS sensor also.
the rough way to check the wires at the TMAP sensor was trying to pull wires out of connector - one had snapped and was fixed (as as the problem)