Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here..need some advice..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 11:55 AM
Tristan Sigua
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here..need some advice..

Hi i would like to get some advice for my 2012 nightster, what full exhaust would you recommend? Something that is not loud when you it’s in idle, but loud when you rev it, and what tuner and air intake would you advice too.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:33 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 346 Likes on 246 Posts

The screamin eagle exhaust is not that loud. As far as tuners I like the FP3 but there are other good ones, depends on how much you want to spend. As far as air filters go, thats pretty much up to what style you like.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:58 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,221 Likes on 2,456 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristan Sigua
Hi i would like to get some advice for my 2012 nightster, what full exhaust would you recommend? Something that is not loud when you it’s in idle, but loud when you rev it, and what tuner and air intake would you advice too.
Hi Tristan, welcome to the Forum!

ditto what whylee said, the SE exhaust is not terribly loud, but a deeper/louder exhaust note than stock.

Here is a LINK to an overview of the popular tuners, with pros and cons of each. I personally run the Power Vision, but the FP3 is a good one too, especially if you like working with your smartphone. The budget option is the XiED's.

Very Importantly, there are huge variances in performance, based on what kind of air intake you use. They are NOT all the same. HERE is a report, with photo's and charts, showing the differences between a typical aftermarket air intake and one that will really make a difference in performance, engine longevity and tune stability.

I would recommend one of the Outlaw Intakes, they all come with an EBS which is important for getting good clean air into your engine. You can see a selection of them at this LINK.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-30-2018, 07:07 PM
Tristan Sigua
Stage III

Thankyou for the advice, i really apreciate, i was thinking about the 2 in 1 exhaust, like the danmoto, and with that powervison? Or do you have any other recommendation?

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Hi Tristan, welcome to the Forum!

ditto what whylee said, the SE exhaust is not terribly loud, but a deeper/louder exhaust note than stock.

Here is a LINK to an overview of the popular tuners, with pros and cons of each. I personally run the Power Vision, but the FP3 is a good one too, especially if you like working with your smartphone. The budget option is the XiED's.

Very Importantly, there are huge variances in performance, based on what kind of air intake you use. They are NOT all the same. HERE is a report, with photo's and charts, showing the differences between a typical aftermarket air intake and one that will really make a difference in performance, engine longevity and tune stability.

I would recommend one of the Outlaw Intakes, they all come with an EBS which is important for getting good clean air into your engine. You can see a selection of them at this LINK.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Tristan Sigua
Stage III

What about 2 in 1 exhaust? Would you recommend them? Which one is good?

Originally Posted by whylee
The screamin eagle exhaust is not that loud. As far as tuners I like the FP3 but there are other good ones, depends on how much you want to spend. As far as air filters go, thats pretty much up to what style you like.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:38 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 346 Likes on 246 Posts

2 into 1 will give you the best performance gains, not sure which ones are quiet.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Mborras1
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the 2-1 cobra RPT auto 10hp boost. Low at idle but once you Oper her up she roars. Had rush slip ons prior that we’re pretty loud and just didn’t like it at cruising speed stated to get a buzz in my ear on long rides. I here a lot of good and bad about the FP3 but I have a PCV that I got on sale, works great just need your laptop to make any adjustments. You will probably want to have your bike tuned if you open her up with pipes and A/C but if you are pretty good at self tuning with a piggy back unit you should be fine.
i personally like to tweek my tunner as I catch things while I’m riding but that’s my choice my engine if something goes wrong it’s my fault.
heres my bike with the cobra for a visual.

Last edited by Mborras1; 09-30-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:45 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

What about 2 in 1 exhaust? Would you recommend them? Which one is good?
2-into-1 exhausts are great, love 'em! I have a Supermeg on my Glide, which comes with a range of baffles so you can tune the bike and noise levels to your preference. Available with closed end quite (reasonably quiet) or open (ie loud!).

Old 10-01-2018, 07:42 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,221 Likes on 2,456 Posts

Thankyou for the advice, i really apreciate, i was thinking about the 2 in 1 exhaust, like the danmoto, and with that powervison? Or do you have any other recommendation?

The SuperTrapp SuperMeg is a great performing exhaust, and as grbrown said, it uses discs and is probably the quietest 2-1 available. It will work very well with the Power Vision.