Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart 2 in 1. Anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart 2 in 1. Anyone have these?

Saw these on ebay. (The actual bike in the ad sold on ebay a couple weeks ago for $8,400).
Anybody have these? They're real pricey but look great. I wonder how they compare to my second choice: V & H short shots?

Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Default RE: Rinehart 2 in 1. Anyone have these?

Forgot the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RINEH...33856470QQrdZ1

Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want added performance in mid range these are for you. if ya like the harley potato sound you are going to be disapointed
ORIGINAL: stevieg

Saw these on ebay. (The actual bike in the ad sold on ebay a couple weeks ago for $8,400).
Anybody have these? They're real pricey but look great. I wonder how they compare to my second choice: V & H short shots?

Old 07-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stevie: I have the Rinehart 2 into 1 on my '05 XL 1200 R. Previously I had Cycle Shack slip-on turnouts and prior to that had H-D SE Is. The Rinehart system caused me to have more midrange "punch" or torque and I believe a bit more top end horsepower over the Cycle Shacks. The sound is deep and quite pleasing. The 'potato, potato,potato' is still there, just muted a bit from what it was with the Cycle Shacks. The overallexhaust soundlevel is loud enough that I "cool it" just a little bit when around a LEO. I live in the typical subdivision and I idle in and out of it when coming/going. Overall I am very pleased with the additional performance, sound and the looks.

I also have a '05 Road King Classic that has Rinehart True Duals. All the same comments apply except I do believe that the tone of the sound is slightly better.

I highly recommend the 2 into 1 for your Sportster. ................ BC

Old 07-01-2007, 06:06 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

You don't list what model sporty you ride. If I remember right the Rine 2to1 only works if you have mid controls.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
JohnBoy1
Cruiser

Here you go, at idle in a garge or over hang you can feel it in you hest its that deep.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32401/A37A4998F0CB423DB9E7A80F7049FA52.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2007, 04:30 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont wanna argue, but the 2 into 1 loses the harley sound completely to me....

ORIGINAL: Big Cholla

stevie: I have the Rinehart 2 into 1 on my '05 XL 1200 R. Previously I had Cycle Shack slip-on turnouts and prior to that had H-D SE Is. The Rinehart system caused me to have more midrange "punch" or torque and I believe a bit more top end horsepower over the Cycle Shacks. The sound is deep and quite pleasing. The 'potato, potato,potato' is still there, just muted a bit from what it was with the Cycle Shacks. The overallexhaust soundlevel is loud enough that I "cool it" just a little bit when around a LEO. I live in the typical subdivision and I idle in and out of it when coming/going. Overall I am very pleased with the additional performance, sound and the looks.

I also have a '05 Road King Classic that has Rinehart True Duals. All the same comments apply except I do believe that the tone of the sound is slightly better.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:57 PM
cHarley
Club Member

ORIGINAL: x2lee

I dont wanna argue, but the 2 into 1 loses the harley sound completely to me....

While the "real harley" sound is subjective you are correct. The distinct potato, potato sound comes from the 2 seperate exhaust pipes. The potato, potato sound is even more pronounced if the exhaust is a "true dual" system where the crossover pipe is eliminated and backpressure is achieved by using a stepped header design. The sound from a 2to1 exhaust is like listening to mono vs stereo. The 2to1 though does have a performance advantage.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cHarley: Sure I did! It is a 'R' or in Harley talk, a "Roadster". It comes with mid controls and that is what I like best. It was a natural for the installation of the Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust. ............. BC

Old 07-01-2007, 06:01 PM
cHarley
Club Member

cHarley: Sure I did! It is a 'R' or in Harley talk, a "Roadster". It comes with mid controls and that is what I like best. It was a natural for the installation of the Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust. ............. BC
Sorry, my response was intended for the original poster stevieg who didn't list his model and was the one asking the question.

Quick Reply: Rinehart 2 in 1. Anyone have these?