Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ego question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:43 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Ego question.

lmao... funny chit mang

Old 06-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah well, I'm a functional idiot.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts

ORIGINAL: Y2K

Who cares how fast his 750 suk is,yout Harley will still be running and loved long after his pos piece of plastic has been recycled into beer cans and pop bottles.
Fast ain't everything
I hope you are right. I'm on my second Harley, the first one was totaled out after 1800 miles. But I have a 1982 Honda Silverwing with 68000 miles that has cost me nothing more then routine maintenance costs. And a 1985 Honda Magna with 85000 mles that has been real expensive. It has cost me about $200 over the routine maintenance costs.

Fast ain't nothing, although the Magna is. But reliability is very important.

Ron

Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

ORIGINAL: eggroll

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

Who cares if it will tow a car. I dont ride to tow cars. If I wanted to do that Id get a Truck. Oh Ya. Got one of those. It will tow a car without even trying. 454, 1ton 4x4. Any one want to buy it? I also got access to REAL trucks that will tow cars. What Im trying to say is, Ive got better options for towing than a MOTORCYCLE. Sheesh.
Looks like the Friday evening "slamfest" is starting... [sm=popcorn.gif]

Na, not going to go down that road.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:05 AM
vertigoenigma
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt buy my sportie to go fast I bought My sportie toride comfortably without laying on the gas tank IfI wanted fast I would have bought a hyabusa certainly not a suziki as your friend has.

As a rule of thumb bikes like that "crotch rockets" are nice but, theres always one faster if you and Im saying cause its a name that comes to mind but say you bought a ninja 1000 or something in 2007 chances are the 2008's will be faster then the 07s if they even make the ninja anymore dont know dont care anyways just saying. its a game I wouldnt want to play.

Next time he says how much faster his bike is then yours and wants to race say it doesnt matter if he wins cause your dad can beat up his.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Thank you for your parcipitation. We will inform you of the response.lol! Bruce knows what's goin on dude.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 AM
hd95thanniv
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A tuned Harley is capable of beating a sports bike away from the line as the Harley has loads of torque.
Personally I love to beat them away from the line to prove my point and then ease off as they get caught by the speed camera as they build up speed and I nearly always have my partner on the back as well.

The thing about a Harley is they never know just what modifications it may have had done to it and like mine it could be a Wolf in Sheeps clothing.

I love it when they start revving up and then get beaten away and have their ego shattered by a custom bike with forward controls and a smiling lady on the back.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
x2lee
Banned

hehehe whats funny is the guy bought a harley and now he wants to race
shoulda bought one of thpse vrod dragsters that would shut them up.
ORIGINAL: eggroll

Man, if you let a snot-nosed punk like that get the best of you, you'll be forever trying to show everybody that you've still "got it." Maybe try this: Next time he gets in your s#!* about your bike, offer to race him, straight strip style. Invite friends to watch. Give a good rev show at the line, wait for the flag, then let him take off down the track while you sit back, take off the helmet, pull a beer out of your jacket and high-five the audience. Your zippy little buddy may be faster than a Harley, but he'll never be cooler than a Harley.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 PM
dan69co
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my thought. The next time you meet him on the street "dont wave" .That'll get him where it counts.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]I couldnt resist, with all the wave threads you know.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:41 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: dan69co

Here's my thought. The next time you meet him on the street "dont wave" .That'll get him where it counts.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]I couldnt resist, with all the wave threads you know.
LoL.....

That will deflate his ego for sure and no doubt send him into a deep depression..

Quick Reply: Ego question.