Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im back!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im back!!

ok for those of you who didnt read the prayers needed post. i will fill you in--my best friend just passed away,he was 44 years old and had cirrhosis of the liver..since saturday it has been a really bad roller coaster ride for me and my family..ive done some research on the disease and have learned that every symptom that the articles talk about bob had..so in my opinion he knew he was dying and never let anyone know how bad it really was..i dont think he wanted sympathy from anyone and i respect him for that..so ive come to grips with all of this whole situation and im starting to feel better that he is in a better place right now(and is with his mother again,who he lost 4 years ago)...i spoke to his father today and his father was still taking it very bad..he thanked me for being there with bob through all of this..he said bob has been happier for the last 3 years than he has ever seen him in his life and told me that if i wasnt there he would have let go sooner because he would have most likely been bored and depressed, so im dealing with the whole thing from a different point of view now..and am very happy i had the great opportunity to have known him..his father also gave me his 1969 chevy shortbed stepside pickup..im gonna totally restore it and airbrush bobs name on the passenger side of the dash.so bob can ride in the truck with me wherever i go..the truck is in really good shape(it came from nevada about 9 years ago when bob moved back to new jersey and was just taken off the rode due to lousy gas milage about 5 years ago,thats what you get for having a 402 big block)..also i have a 4th of july ride planned with about 30-40 guys that we used to ride with,,that will end at my house so we can barbeque and throw down a couple of beers..so all in all im starting to come around because of all the support of my friends and family..just remember to live life to the fullest,because you never know when your time is up..im gonna have a whole new outlook on life after all of this..thanks for all the prayers..

Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 AM
04XL1200C
Tourer
Default RE: im back!!

My sincere condolences to his father and to you.
I'm glad that you are still riding.
I really like your tribute idea for airbrushing his name on the dash.
Put up some pics of the truck.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks *****. Sorry to hear about that!

Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 AM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very sorry to hear he passed away. But it sounds like he had a great friend and spent his last years happy.[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer

Ace. Good post. And I agree, he is in a better place. No telling how much pain he was in. The truck.... wow. If you did not already know how much you meant to him, the gesture his father made should really seal the deal. Though I am sure you knew already from your post. My first truck was a 66 then a 67. Those are great trucks and really look good restored. Not that you care, but those trucks are really in demand. However, no price will be worth what it means to you... 30-40 riders is great! What a gesture. I hope in my time, I can build a crew of guys that like to ride and share like interests, etc.

All my best to you and his family - please pass that along for me. If they don't already know, tell them that the biker community is close, especially in times like these.

Keep the rubber side down!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

My sincere condolences to his father also. That's hard losing his wife, then a son in four years. You are riding, your friend is in a better place, and he will be with you forever in spirit. And whether you fully realize it or not, you are truly blessed.

Teek

Old 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
King Kobra
Cruiser

Very Sorry for the loss of your friend Ace. My prayers are with you and his family.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Superstylin
Cruiser

Sorry for your loss bud. You're a good friend.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 AM
ride2tires
Road Master

Ace-
Sorry for your loss. You, friends, and family will be in my prayers.

The truck....WOW!!! Sounds like you have some great ideas for it! Great way to celebrate your friendship and Bob's life.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
beendad
Road Warrior

Man, what a sombering post to read. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I have a best friend like that who means the world to me and I can't even imagine losing him. Stay strong brother.

Quick Reply: im back!!