Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone hear from Dallas, lately?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone hear from Dallas, lately?

We're kinda gettin' off topic here, but Hell, you started it! And is it possible to hijack your own thread?

I have no musical talent, whatever, but I know what I like, and try to see the flow in all music. I've always liked classical guitar, but metal still gets myjuices flowin'. I can listen to Country, folk, classical, European, some traditional Asian, and even some African music. Rap is NOT African. And I could be mistaken, but I never see any rap "artists" playing their own instruments. They have a knack for energetic rhythm, but that's about it, as far as I'm concerned. Some of the female "rapettes" have great voices, but I'm not inclined to them running up and down their octave range in a few seconds simply to display it. I find that annoying.

My music radio station preference is 93.3 "The Bone".

Teek

Old 06-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

A little history on;"The Bone". They sent me several tee shirts. One is an AC/DC shirt. Back in 2000, I played a blues club in deep ellum called;"The Bone". Did a blues jam with Hash Brown. Most likely the station was named after the club because within the same year, The Bone 93.3 went on the air. Another music trivia thing. My band was the warm up band for Ted Nugent's Live album recorded at The Lone Star Ballroom. Who cares now? lol!! Like a million years ago!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

Ted Nugent someone I'd like to meet. About three years ago, a couple of my co-workers went outside our work area to Starbucksin Terminal A for a cup of coffee. There was Terrible Ted, the Motor City Madman, walking to his connecting flight. They chatted briefly with him, got their coffee and then told me about it. DARN! I missed him. There's three things about him I like that's near and dear to my heart....Rock & Roll, guns, and red meat!

Teek

Old 06-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Can't grill it, until you kill it. I was born in Michigan. I call him uncle Ted.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Zeb
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

Well Steve. If the ground is dry tomorrow, I will ride tomorrow. This crap can't stay forever!

Got a tune I recorded today because I was so friggen board. Midnight by The Shadows.

http://www.guitarblast.com/attachmen...p;d=1183080937

I can turn a guitar over and play it like the bongos.

If you want to hear that, well I'll try to make a recording and post it, but it basically pretty much sucks...