Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Sportster super low. Stalling out

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 05:33 PM
kwonkirk
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Sportster super low. Stalling out

The local temp kicked up yesterday to 37degrees C sorry guys.metric guy here. Anyway bike was fine no issues parked and an hour later came back turned the key hit the power switch into the on position. the engine light was on for much longer than usual. Cranked over the bike started fine. Waited a few mins. Put it in gear maybe 10 Meters later it gave a buck lights went dim like a loss of power gave another buck same thing everything dropedr out then was fine for the ride to my next job. Thing ran fine. Did that job two hours this time the bike rested in the shade. Turn the key engine light operated as normal started up no pro Lem let it sit. Just moved on. Bam.. same thing again a few bucks same issue with the lights power like the battery was gone. Also I failed to mebment I have a power Vison it flashed in both instances as if I turned the key off and on. So the bike once again bucked twice. Rodehome 20mins no issues. This morning got up all seemed fine I check battery connections ,fuses, contections but here is the odd thing when I hit the power on switch the EFI made a whistle sound like it was sucking through a whistle. Bike started but then stalls right away. So I tried to start it again in the bike startedSo I I then started to put it in gear ride a little bit and then right away and again power dropped out lights went dim as if it just lost all power so then I just turned the bike around and took it home. So I'm just curious as to what the problem would be I have absolutely no idea I haven't looked at any error codes as of yet cuz I had to leave right away to go to work so as I'm on the subway I am writing this and hopefully someone can help me out and get some answers thanks a lot guys all and just one more time a little bit of information about the motorcycle it's a 2012 Harley Davidson superlow

Last edited by kwonkirk; 07-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.