Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signal module and new tail light signal issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 07:59 PM
mshred
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
Question turn signal module and new tail light signal issues

Hey guys,

(Posted this already in the electrical section)Was reassembling my bike today after getting it painted and in the process I also began to install a new LED tailight that has side flasher capabilities as well. Before testing the new tail light, my rear signals were running lights and signal lights. After using the power from the bikes battery to test the lights, my left signal now works but not the running light part of it. I checked power all along the system, as well as the fuses, and everything is checking out fine it seems. Upon further research, it seems my bike has an HD module that allows the rear signals to be running lights and signal lights. I am wondering if it could be an issue with that module, and if it is, what the replacement part number is for it (I bought this bike with it already on it)...My reasoning is that possibly something happened to it when I tested the blinking part of the light along with the signal also flashing? My right signal works as both running and signal as it should, and my left signal did as well, but now it does not. I wired the new tail light in, but I wired it so that it works just as a brake light and without signals since I couldn't figure out how to have them off and only flash as signals (somehow interrupt the current)

I am going to check the fuses again tomorrow (I am assuming all of the fuses are just above and behind the battery and there are none for the electrical system elsewhere) and just double check to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I am wondering if the module needs to be replaced. I hate electrical gremlins like this, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!