Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboard kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017 | 08:10 PM
Grey_Beard
Tourer

Ironically, I placed an order with DK Customs today using my desktop for their outlaw 425 mirrored chrome air cleaner and discrete breather system. And I screwed it up as to where I wanted it delivered. I wanted it shipped to my work and not my home (billing address). I called up a couple of minutes after executing the order and talked to Christie and she took the info from me. I followed up with and e-mail recapping the conversation. Within a couple a minutes Dawn responded that Christie had gotten with her and the changes were made. About an hour later I received a e-mail that my order had shipped.
This is small business America, outstanding customer service. Something that the larger corporations lack (a.k.a. UPS) Many thanks to Kevin, Dawn, and Christie!
Given the fact that you have very limited options for floorboards you may want to give DK another shot being that they have all the specifics. I've had my fair share of frustration with UPS also, so I can honestly relate to your situation. Hope you get the floorboards for your Custom. Hope you have a Happy New Year. Chris

The following 3 users liked this post by Grey_Beard:
cacomly (12-28-2017), DK Custom - ST (12-28-2017), harleyrider4300 (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017 | 06:29 AM
harleyrider4300
|
Tourer
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Grey_Beard
Ironically, I placed an order with DK Customs today using my desktop for their outlaw 425 mirrored chrome air cleaner and discrete breather system. And I screwed it up as to where I wanted it delivered. I wanted it shipped to my work and not my home (billing address). I called up a couple of minutes after executing the order and talked to Christie and she took the info from me. I followed up with and e-mail recapping the conversation. Within a couple a minutes Dawn responded that Christie had gotten with her and the changes were made. About an hour later I received a e-mail that my order had shipped.
This is small business America, outstanding customer service. Something that the larger corporations lack (a.k.a. UPS) Many thanks to Kevin, Dawn, and Christie!
Given the fact that you have very limited options for floorboards you may want to give DK another shot being that they have all the specifics. I've had my fair share of frustration with UPS also, so I can honestly relate to your situation. Hope you get the floorboards for your Custom. Hope you have a Happy New Year. Chris
I wish you a Happy New Year also
Unfortunately I only have ipad and IPhone to place orders online. I place an average of two orders per week and I have done so for a couple of years. This is the first time anyone has implied that the auto fill came from my mobile device and not from the website. I have to take steps to use the auto fill capability on my phone. The auto fill blocks have the correct info in them. I did not select auto fill and instead typed it.
I think this thread has become a negative issue for DK customs and myself, and I regret posting it. DK Customs personnel that I have interfaced with are very nice people. I can’t emphasize that enough. They are nice, friendly and courteous.
I do not know what I am going to do about installing floorboards on my bike. I do not have laptop, and use tablet and smartphone. I do know that I am going to stick to sites that I have used with no problem like amazon, etc...

It is my intent with this, my final post, to say the folks at DK Customs are very courteous and friendly. My problem was with the electronic side of the process, not the people. I hope this post thread dies out.

Happy New Year to everyone. Ride safe, Have fun!

Old 12-28-2017 | 11:39 AM
harleyrider4300
|
Tourer
Default Update

The folks at DK Custom reached out to me by email. I was able to order the floorboards via email. Problem solved. They even sent me a photo of shipping label and asked me to ok it. In the future I can order by telephone. Thanks for all of your help
Happy New Year to all

The following 2 users liked this post by harleyrider4300:
cacomly (01-02-2018), DK Custom - ST (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017 | 12:18 PM
cacomly
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleyrider4300
The folks at DK Custom reached out to me by email. I was able to order the floorboards via email. Problem solved. They even sent me a photo of shipping label and asked me to ok it. In the future I can order by telephone. Thanks for all of your help
Happy New Year to all
Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Old 12-28-2017 | 03:55 PM
aecs
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

I love dealing with DK, and I live 2 hrs north of them. There will be a bike ride down to see them when the spring comes.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom - ST (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017 | 06:53 PM
Grey_Beard
Tourer

Fantastic news, I knew the good folks at DK would get it worked out for you.

DK Custom - ST (12-29-2017)
Old 01-05-2018 | 07:17 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hscic
I bought my floorboards from DK but I have mids so it was difficult to get the brake pedal far enough above the floorboard.

I am looking at doing floorboards for my wife’s sporty- what issues did you have with the brake pedal? How did you resolve the issue/difficulties?

Old 01-05-2018 | 07:37 PM
harleyrider4300
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dutch101st
I am looking at doing floorboards for my wife’s sporty- what issues did you have with the brake pedal? How did you resolve the issue/difficulties?
Brake pedal is not an issue. If you do not like the position adjust the position to where it is right for her. You can raise or lower the brake pedal. I had mine set symmetrical with the gear shift lever on the left side before I ever ordered the kit. In addition the floorboards are adjustable fwd and aft (about two inches total). They also adjust for lateral angle.

Last edited by harleyrider4300; 01-05-2018 at 07:42 PM.
DK Custom (01-08-2018)
Old 01-05-2018 | 09:28 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dutch101st
Brake pedal is an issue....those with forwards have no issues, but if you have mids it is. I could not figure a way to raise it enough above the boards for safe operation. It is not the length of the brake rod, it is the pedal itself hitting the mount....and I did try different brake rods and different pedals. The only thing I did not try is changing the pedal mount. Hence, I did not install the boards. Sold it on CL. See this thread for pics.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...bagger-89.html

Keep in mind I am not trashing DK Custom products...they have quality parts and top notch customer service. The website did say "On some bikes with mid-controls, the brake pedal may need to be moved up a bit, which may require a longer brake rod and/or a different brake pedal arm." I tried many scenerio and still could not increase the height of the pedal....so just scrapped the idea and I don't give up easily.

Here are some of the stuff I tried...Sportster forward brake pedal, Dyna brake assembly, different length brake rods....

Spent too much to make something simple as floorboards work.

Last edited by hscic; 01-05-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2018 | 10:39 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior

I have a lot of respect for DK. Kevin personally answered some questions for me on another part of the forum a couple of years ago regarding a road trip - even though I had never ordered from them.

I have watched them and how they treat customers for several years now and I plan on ordering their floorboards this spring. I knew they'd come through for you - glad to see they got it sorted for you.

DK Custom (01-06-2018)

Quick Reply: Floorboard kit