Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waving is Annoying

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Waving is Annoying

i always wave to other harleys and harley look-alikes..but crotch rockets dont get waves from me...most of the time them morons do something stupid like pull a wheelie past me instead of a wave..

Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I do sometimes but I tried not to when I am taking a left deep corner, my left hand seems to touch the ground. [sm=loser.gif]
"nod of my head" is highly recommended.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I give the peace sign or nod when riding by "riders" no big sweat to keep brotherhood alive is it? I don't do it if I'm into paying attention to the road mode,safety firstbut I love the crazy onesA guy the other day riding past us (3 bikes) stood up and gave ahail hitler type salute[8D]We got a good laugh at a stop over it!

Old 06-15-2007, 01:06 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

i like waving. with so much negativity and rudeness with people in thier cars these days its a nice thing this waving at other motorcycles.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:07 AM
XL1200N
Road Master

Wave, peace sign or nod. I will admit on nice days around here we get a ton HD traffic, and it does get annoying, but that's what taverns are for, to take a break from all the waving and have a cold one.

Brian

Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: ray1970

Do any of you guys wave at people in cars and trucks when you are in cars and trucks?
Yep, I have a Jeep Wrangler, pretty much all drivers of CJ-5, CJ-7 and Wranglers have done the "Jeep wave" for several decades.

This falls into the category of, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand" which is on a sticker across the front windshield of my Jeep, also applys to Harleys.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Buda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not criticizing.

This post is just poking a little fun at ourselves. I wave too, but not often and wonder what the other guy is thinking when I don't wave or don't see him. And sometimes it just gets down right ridicules how many bikers I would have to wave at if I waved at every one.

I like the head nod better.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have road workers and police wave all the time. Guess I need to put my pants on when I ride.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:06 AM
vertigoenigma
Advanced

This is quite halarious but, its so true.. generally the only bikes that wave to me are harleys or touring models like gold wings and big suzuki boulavards ect.. crotch rockets don't ever look my way.. My wife owns a Jeep and we get waves in it all the time once a guy waved at us in the drive threw at dunkin donuts and actually bought our coffee .. when we got to the drive threw window the girl said they guy behind you is paying for your coffee ..

Now I also have two mustangs a 5.0 and the red one in my signature I will tell you the mustang crowd is totally different they either REV you or they will look at you as if you stole something from them.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 AM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Buda

What's with other bikers waving at other bikers all day long. I just got my bike in January and every one that passes me in the opposite lane waves as they go by. There's a lot of bikes were I live and if I had to wave at every happy go lucky S.O.B on a bike my arm would fall off. Besides I am too busy actually riding my bike to take my hand off the handle bar. It's so bad they wave from the opposite free way. Hell I even had a guy on a scooter wave at me. I think I will just start giving people the bird until this nonsense stops. Who started this waving anyway.
Just be glad their waving... and not throwin lead at you...!

Quick Reply: Waving is Annoying