Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waving is Annoying

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Waving is Annoying

I like throwing out crazy waves...instead of the traditional two fingers straight down

Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a wrangler. Lots of jeepjeep people waved at me and I waved back. Didn't realize there were jeep snobs too..........

I'm gonna go sulk now.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Evilengineer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave to most of the people that wave first. I will not wave to the ones who seem like the only reason they are out on their bike is to be seen by other people. I think most people here know how to spot these. What is funny is to see people that are so in love with waving that they either rear end a car or drop their bike while turning.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Buda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its the jeep peoples fault for all this needless waiving. Starts with a jeep before you know it people in 747s will be waiving during near misses at the airport.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 PM
utexasrider
Tourer

i used to do this also when i had an 83 cj7. i think it's just unwritten bond when you're both sitting outside in the 100 heat with the top down, the smell of exhaust coming up from the drain holes, and baking in the sun while everybody is sitting there enclosed in their airconditioned ride. man, i miss that cool ride.

ORIGINAL: bhtx

I used to have an 86 CJ7. The last year they were made. I would wave at other CJs and older jeeps but the Wrangler people didn't really have a jeep in my (and many others) eyes.Now there are so many it is a little ridiculous.

I still wave at other people on bikes if they wave first. I personally prefer the hand going down with a peace sign pointing down. How gay is that?????

Old 06-14-2007, 11:42 PM
bdavis
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It does get ridiculous. A couple of weeks ago I had at least 200 other bikes wave at me (it was a long ride). My son and I now do a "crazy wave" like HDWG mentioned. We lift our arms straight up in the air and wave them back and forth like crazy. Gets a lot of attention and quite a few laughs.

I took quite a few years off of riding. In the old days I don't remember anyone waving. I got back on a bike a few years ago and EVERYONE waves all the time. I'm not unfriendly, I just don't feel an automatic bond with everyone who rides a bike.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:06 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bhtx

I used to have an 86 CJ7. The last year they were made. I would wave at other CJs and older jeeps but the Wrangler people didn't really have a jeep in my (and many others) eyes.Now there are so many it is a little ridiculous.

I still wave at other people on bikes if they wave first. I personally prefer the hand going down with a peace sign pointing down. How gay is that?????
Depends if your wearing your chaps or not

Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 AM
txbikerboy
Advanced

I think waving just keeps the motorcycle commradary alive. Don't forget, it's us vs. the cagers.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 AM
BentZero
Cruiser

<sarcasm>Yeah, waving to strangers is stupid!!! So is posting on forums about motorcycles. Just b/c you also ride doesn't mean I want to talk to you.</sarcasm>

Old 06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Zeb
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Buda

What's with other bikers waving at other bikers all day long. I just got my bike in January and every one that passes me in the opposite lane waves as they go by. There's a lot of bikes were I live and if I had to wave at every happy go lucky S.O.B on a bike my arm would fall off. Besides I am too busy actually riding my bike to take my hand off the handle bar. It's so bad they wave from the opposite free way. Hell I even had a guy on a scooter wave at me. I think I will just start giving people the bird until this nonsense stops. Who started this waving anyway.

Obviously not Brotherhood material. You got yourbike in January, and you already want to change tradition.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

May I suggest you sew on the words 'Grumpy Rider' on your vest or jacket, right under the intials 'NUB'.

Actually, all kidding aside, I seriously doubt if any riders really give a crap what you do or don't do, so don't worry about it...

Quick Reply: Waving is Annoying