Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley leather gear..is it gay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM
bearc.paw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley leather gear..is it gay?

I in agreement with Bluzmn59. I to, wear what want, when I want. I don'tworry so much about what people think. Gaynessis B.S. Leather is Leather nothing more...Ride Safe and Often....BearC.Paw.....

Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Superstylin
Cruiser

Maybe gayness shouldn't be the focus - how about looking like you're going through a mid life crisis?

Old 06-15-2007, 11:23 AM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been riding for close to 40 years and recently joined this forum. It amazes me how many of you "bikers" worry about the most trivial BS. If you want to wear all of the body amor because your afraid of taking a spill may be you should just not get out of bed in the morning.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
MacAttack
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Land pirates!

Old 06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
hywy2hl
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: scottwilliamson

I've been riding for close to 40 years and recently joined this forum. It amazes me how many of you "bikers" worry about the most trivial BS.
NO ****

Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Zeb
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

You can argue all you want. Chaps = Gay. Thermals work just as well. I can ski in -20 degrees in jeans and thermals but not ride on a cycle at 40 degrees? Chaps are a gay biker thing - only place that wears it. Lots of other people wear hats, leather jackets, denim, etc. It's only chaps that are worn by gays and bikers.

And you can argue all you want as well. People who say Chaps = Gay are bonafide, insecue, don't-have-a-clue ignorants who don't know a damn thing of what they are talking about when it comes to the issue.

I've got all sorts of pictures of hardcore biker rallies and events and so forth from my area in the cowboy southwest, that show all sorts of hardcore bikers wearing chaps in my neck of the woods. Perhaps you would like to go to one of their events sometime and call them all gay.

And as I said previously, I wear chaps from time to time, as does every male biker that I know, who are all a lot more heterosexual than you think you are, and if you ever met me face to face, I seriously doubt if you would have the guts to call me or any of my friends gay. Who knows, though,you may be a tough guy, but if so you're definitely not a smart one.

Could it be the truth of the matter is that you're afraid of wearing chaps because you already are afraid you might be gay or something?

You also might want to notify this little mc club - http://www.hells-angels.com - with your brilliant observation, and tell them what you think about chaps.

If you'll take a look at some of this club's pictures, such as here:

http://www.hells-angels.com/pictures...els%20(27).jpg

And here:

http://www.hells-angels.com/pictures...els%20(10).jpg

...you'll notice some of their male members wearing chaps.

Perhaps you would like to notify this club and tell them what you said in here.

How long did you say you've been riding?...

Old 06-15-2007, 06:05 PM
beendad
Road Warrior

As a very heterosexual male, married with children, I can say that this debate has some validity. When I bought my first bike, a leather jacket was in order, as well as leather gloves, full and half(winter/summer). But the facemask, bandana, chaps and vest seemed not gay but maybe a little cliche. I remember not wanting to look like a poser by having all those accessories. But then I started to ride a little more with larger groups and noticed that alot of the very non poser looking older guys wore the vests, chaps, do rags, etc... After a while, I realized that these items were not so much a fashion statement, but actually served a purpose. Now I own all the goodies, and while I don't get all dudded up for a trip to the store, or a cruise down McHenry Blvd, I do use my gear quite often. To each his own.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
PanzerXL
Intermediate

Only if you were in the Village Peopleor ware white gloves!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Dr.Cool
Banned

I also wear what I want, when I want too..... with an awareness not to look gay.
Why?
I dont want nothing to do with that crowd

Old 06-15-2007, 07:34 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I know about Gay is this. thomasf59s Avatar is definitely NOT gay.

Quick Reply: Harley leather gear..is it gay?