Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did i get a good deal on my Nightster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
SteveInCA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did i get a good deal on my Nightster?

Thanks for the warm welcome and well wishes guys

Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 AM
ecvjohn
Banned

ORIGINAL: TJ *****

ORIGINAL: ecvjohn

I'm gonna venture a guess and say he didn't bite on the teaser rate financing and his conventional rate came back at 9.9, Eaglemark probably came in at 7.9 and the dealer bumped him 2% for the kickback.

9.9 is actually mid range as far as HD interest rates go, not everyone has pristine credit.

Not implying anything about the OPs credit, just making a statement.
I stand on my initial post.

That makes total sense in retrospect because they hit me a point higher at first and I said I would check with my bank and they dropped it. haha. I did not think too much about it at the time.

The only thing I don't like about Eaglemark is the way you pay. By that I mean can't pay. You have to call them up to setup recurring payments etc... No online banking. It is interesting how you can pay biweekly like a mortgage. Or even weekly if your so inclined. I may go biweekly so I get that extra principle note at the end of 12 months.
You can pay online here
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/c...bmLocale=en_US

Sorry for the long link,I forgot how to make it one word.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the bike makes you happy and you can afford to pay for it then its priceless. enjoy your new ride and welcome to the world of h-d

Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy for you! Enjoy the bike!!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 AM
GringoLoco
Cruiser

I just bought my Nightster on Monday! I wanted the green, but the only one they had left was black. It's cool though, it was a close second choice, and I might repaint later anyway.

As for financing, I was only classified as Tier 3, and they gave me the choice of two types of financing. The regular financing was 10% down (which they got dropped by using creative accounting techniques on the paperwork), and a higher interest rate. The other option was the "stick it to the man" financing that I could have gotten for 2.9% at 36mos, 3.9 at 48, and I think like 6.5 at 60.... not sure about the rates, but they went up as the term lengthened. The "stick it to the man" also was zero down, but I couldn't pick it because I wasn't approved for enough to get the bike with tax, etc. With the conventional financing I was able to get a helmet (I haven't ridden since 1995, when I got out of high school), some boots, some Cycle Shack slip-ons.... I would have gotten a better deal with the other financing had I walked in with some cash, but I just dropped $2000 on my Jeep (bumpers, drivetrain goodies). Had I known I was going to buy a Harley I would've waited. I just didn't know about the Nightster until I stumbled on it at the Harley website.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TJ *****

I'm gonna venture a guess and say he didn't bite on the teaser rate financing and his conventional rate came back at 9.9, Eaglemark probably came in at 7.9 and the dealer bumped him 2% for the kickback.

9.9 is actually mid range as far as HD interest rates go, not everyone has pristine credit.

Not implying anything about the OPs credit, just making a statement.
I stand on my initial post.

That makes total sense in retrospect because they hit me a point higher at first and I said I would check with my bank and they dropped it. haha. I did not think too much about it at the time.

The only thing I don't like about Eaglemark is the way you pay. By that I mean can't pay. You have to call them up to setup recurring payments etc... No online banking. It is interesting how you can pay biweekly like a mortgage. Or even weekly if your so inclined. I may go biweekly so I get that extra principle note at the end of 12 months.
You can pay online here
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/c...bmLocale=en_US

Sorry for the long link,I forgot how to make it one word.
Thanks!!!! I was going by the flyer they sent me in the mail... COOL!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 AM
evilscotsman
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought an 07 XL1200 Low last month. I almost bought a Nightster, but my wife would have nothing to do with it (not really a 2 up bike). My payments would have been $180 a month a 7.0% interest for 72 months. The final price out the door with tax title and registration was $10,458. I live in Hancock county inOhio with 6% sales tax. Do the math if you want. I'm too lazy and have a hangover right now. Hope I was of some help for ya.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Starz26
Intermediate

evilscoutsman...

Hello from Hardin / Marion county XL50 2007

Old 06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Starz26
Intermediate

Sorry evilscotsman, not scout

Old 06-13-2007, 04:16 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a nice bike AND you picked the right color ..I wouldn't sweat a few percentage points either way..just ride that bad boy and have fun! [8D]

Quick Reply: Did i get a good deal on my Nightster?