Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster rear "nutsert"

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM
fishn4life
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nightster rear "nutsert"

This is a question for all of you nightster riders with the 2up seats....

Since there is no "nutsert" for the rear hole, are you just screwing the seat right on the fender?
I guess I could always use a duct tape padding to prevent marking it but I was wondering what the rest of you guys were doing?

Thanks.....Fish

Old 06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
vertigoenigma
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nightster rear "nutsert"

I put 3m 1 sided sticky foam molding on the seat mount and HD sold me a plastic beveled washer to go in the hole to raise up the metal mount off the fender

Old 06-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Dremel
Advanced

I plan to use some type of pad or plastic washer. If needed will get a longer bolt

Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plastic washer and clear sticky film to prevent rubbing.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
fishn4life
Tourer

Thanks for the replies....I know it's not rocket science, I was just curious to what everyone else is doing.
There are so many little things on the 1200N that are different than the other sportys....I know the C, L, & R guys are getting tired of all these N questions, but unfortunately the N isn't "just a sportster." It's the new kid on the block that has different features than the other sportys.
It's not too bad over here...but let me tell ya..http://xlforum.net/vbportal/hasa civil war going on. You have the N owners and you have the other sporty owners. So if you wanna feel like your in Jr High again, go check 'em out. Overall it's a great forum, there's just some ***** envy going on right now.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 PM
fyrmnjim
Cruiser

I got a rubber washer from ACE,seems to work real well. Took the seat off recently and had no marks or scratches.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
indyjeff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishn4life

It's not too bad over here...but let me tell ya..http://xlforum.net/vbportal/hasa civil war going on. You have the N owners and you have the other sporty owners. So if you wanna feel like your in Jr High again, go check 'em out. Overall it's a great forum, there's just some ***** envy going on right now.
The rest of this message has been cut off and is only viewable by registered members of The XL Forum.

sorry, but that's about all I got out of it.
__________________________________________________ ___

In regards to seat issues, after taking off my 2 up seat to clean underneath it, I discovered somerub marks.

I buffed them out 95% with some "Scratch Out."
You can barely see them now.It's good enough. If I insisted on keeping it perfect, I wouldn't ride it.

When I buy a solo seat, I do not want rub marksfrom my factory seat destroying my fender that I want to show off.

I am experimenting with "Clear Bodyguard"purchased at AutoZone. I placed it directly on the rear fender and directly on the gas tank (the areas the seat rubs). I did a half *** job, for now, it's temporary, until I have a little more time for a re-do.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 AM
fishn4life
Tourer

ORIGINAL: indyjeff

ORIGINAL: fishn4life

The rest of this message has been cut off and is only viewable by registered members of The XL Forum.

sorry, but that's about all I got out of it.
__________________________________________________ ___

In regards to seat issues, after taking off my 2 up seat to clean underneath it, I discovered somerub marks.

I buffed them out 95% with some "Scratch Out."
You can barely see them now.It's good enough. If I insisted on keeping it perfect, I wouldn't ride it.

When I buy a solo seat, I do not want rub marksfrom my factory seat destroying my fender that I want to show off.

I am experimenting with "Clear Bodyguard"purchased at AutoZone. I placed it directly on the rear fender and directly on the gas tank (the areas the seat rubs). I did a half *** job, for now, it's temporary, until I have a little more time for a re-do.
Thanks for the tip...
The link above was supposed to be a link to the forum, not a specific thread.
Try this one http://xlforum.net/index.html

Old 06-13-2007, 12:53 AM
fishn4life
Tourer

ORIGINAL: fyrmnjim

I got a rubber washer from ACE,seems to work real well. Took the seat off recently and had no marks or scratches.
Jim,

I'll be picking one of those up tomorrow......thanks.

So when you making your trip out here? Weather has been nice.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump

How do you guys cover/fill the rear seat hole? It looks better than with a screw sticking out but there has to be another solution? I ride two up so I have the removable seat hardware kit (aka overpriced little screw).

thanks

Quick Reply: Nightster rear "nutsert"