Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Rines on!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:55 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Rines on!!!!

And all I can say is O.M.G. This things sound awesome! Just what I was looking for. UPS did not deliver till, and get this, 9 PM! Poor guy was whipped! He apologized for the delay and said he had to cover extra routes. No problem. But I was anxious to get them on. So I wrenched in the garage for about an hour. The front stock slip-on gave me hell. And come to find out, the stock header pipe was hella loose!!! So you new bikes, check your header pipes and make sure they are tight. Then I forgot to put high temp silicon on the rear so I had to slip it back off. Had some in the tool box thankfully since it was late.

I pushed the bike out of the garage and out of the cul-de-sac. And yes, I have kept abreast of the "noise" threads of late and I am thoughtful of my neighbors, but when I cranked her up, Holy Cow... I was a little alarmed by how loud they were. So I creeped a LOW RPMs down my little street and thankfully I am only two streets away from the main road. Again, nothing they have not heard since my neighbor is a pilot with straight pipes and leaves out at 5:45 am every day. Plus with school out I was crossing my fingers the kiddies were not tucked away yet... but having said that, I was just toooooooo anxious to hear them out on the road.

I pull out on the drag get a little ways past my neighborhood gates and let 'em sing. Man I tell ya what, these things are awesome! Deep rumble sound. This 1200 sounds like a big twin now. Clear still night so I hit the four lane headed out of town and wanted to ride and ride. Since I forgot my wallet, I was only out for about 20 mins. When I came back in I killed her and costed most of the way down my street. Pushed her in the rest of the way.

Sorry for the long post, but you know, kid at Christmas here.

I wanted to note what the instructions said in case some of you guys don't know or your instructions did not mention it or if you are like me and skim those things as it is, but after you install your chrome slip-ons be sure and wipe them down with glass cleaner to remove the finger prints. Bub says that if the pipes get hot with prints on them, they will etch into the chrome.

Time to put away the tools. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: another thread posted mentioned hearing backfiring. I never experienced this. I do get a little popping when coming off of high rpms at speed but a quick squeeze of the clutch and she idles down to a rumble. FYI.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33315/7DE9C9BD6E8C4AA08C0BBC58B919ADD8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33315/0A2052553F1A46248483C7D928AE96ED.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33315/D857052B221A4ABE969E9CF3FEFC4192.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-07-2007, 01:57 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Got my Rines on!!!!

I just soiled my church underwear looking at those. Is there anyway you can record the sounds of your exhaust and post them?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

I just soiled my church underwear looking at those. Is there anyway you can record the sounds of your exhaust and post them?
Lol. I will try - I have some equipment that can do it, but not sure of the quality. There was another thread a few days ago where a guy posted his link to a youtube video of his Rines. I asked him how the sound was in person compared to the video and he said it was damn close. But IMHO, the video did not do them justice. The low end rumble is way more evident - at least in my experiences - than the sound byte illustrated.

Too late tonight, but tomorrow afternoon, if I can find my camera, (just moved!) I will grab a clip for ya.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:07 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks *****. I'll put on a clean pair of underwear in the meantime. Goodnight!

Old 06-07-2007, 02:50 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Sweet exhaust, I like that little black tip, nice touch. What next? lol

Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 128auto

Sweet exhaust, I like that little black tip, nice touch. What next? lol
Haha... I plan on starting a mods thread soon with everything I have done thus far when I get my web server up to host the pics. But Friday my Mustang seat should be here. Got the Vintage Wide from a fellow board member.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:23 AM
NightsterHooligan
Cruiser

Cool, glad you like them. I told you they were LOUD! You have to ride the bike for awhile with the new mufflers on for the closed loop FI to adjust. I didn't have any problems with popping on deceleration, I just think you have to ride it some more. That shouldn't be a problem, right?!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Garbock
Intermediate

Sweet pipes man! Could you tell me where you got them. I've been looking online for these and have not found a website that has them. I'm getting a nightster soon and it's down between the reinharts or V&H straightshots. Thanks for any info you can provide. Also anyone have an opinion on which of those two choices would sound better?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
fishn4life
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Look'n Good! It's nice to see another 1200N with some Rines on. Yea, I've listened to video a few times now and your right, the vid doesn't do it justice.[8D]
I was thrown back at first too when I started it up...LOL, now I can't imagineher without 'em!
Here's that link again, maybe you can get your video with a little deeper sound...Enjoy
Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pliKVyDBcx8

Old 06-07-2007, 01:05 PM
kelticknotts
Cruiser

Are they just slip ons???? no new A/C and remap??? out of the box and on the bike??????

Quick Reply: Got my Rines on!!!!