Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H FP3 question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 04:01 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts
Default V&H FP3 question

Hi all,

On my Iron 883 I have almost from day one the V&H short shots stagered, a K&N airintake and the FP3 installed.

I downloaded the maps from V&H for that configuration and when I flash it to the bike it goes well for a first drive but when ever I stop and let the bike standing for a while ( 30 min or so ) and take of again the engine warning lite comes on.

I tried the autotuning and when the auto tuning is on, the light is out. Then I flash the autotune map to the bike.... same story as before. First drive oke, after a stop/ engine off and back on, the warning light is on again.

If I flash the sam map again to the ecu the engien light is also off for the first run but then again same story.

The faultcode I read with the FP3 is allways "P0132 Engine running rich (front)"

I contacted V&H and uploded the latest map that was on the bike and they created a custom map. I downloded the map and flash it to the bike... you can guess what is happening.... same as before.

So I send a email to V&H but the contact there is on a holiday untill next week so I was wondering if other members here are suffering with the same problem ?

Old 04-27-2017, 04:26 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Hi all,

On my Iron 883 I have almost from day one the V&H short shots stagered, a K&N airintake and the FP3 installed.

I downloaded the maps from V&H for that configuration and when I flash it to the bike it goes well for a first drive but when ever I stop and let the bike standing for a while ( 30 min or so ) and take of again the engine warning lite comes on.

I tried the autotuning and when the auto tuning is on, the light is out. Then I flash the autotune map to the bike.... same story as before. First drive oke, after a stop/ engine off and back on, the warning light is on again.

If I flash the sam map again to the ecu the engien light is also off for the first run but then again same story.

The faultcode I read with the FP3 is allways "P0132 Engine running rich (front)"

I contacted V&H and uploded the latest map that was on the bike and they created a custom map. I downloded the map and flash it to the bike... you can guess what is happening.... same as before.

So I send a email to V&H but the contact there is on a holiday untill next week so I was wondering if other members here are suffering with the same problem ?
I wish I was on a holiday! Send me an email to cneely@vanceandhines.com with your entire VIN and I will get in touch with you. We added fuel to some of the lower VE values to combat decel-pop. However, some applications it was too much and set a code. We can get you set up. Just send me an email.

The following 2 users liked this post by vanceandhines:
Harleydreamer5578 (05-04-2017), Kirk57 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 01:48 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for the reply ! sorry to hear that it was not a holiday

Email sended.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:57 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Good support that! like it

Old 06-26-2017, 12:49 PM
CHARGEHAMMER
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually am having this same issue. Will try contacting via the app today.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:21 PM
mrhammer2u
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,408 Likes on 965 Posts

fwiw I'm digging my FP3 so far. Worked well with the map, then better with an auto-tune session. I then uploaded to V&H for them to have a look where the tech made some changes while I was on the phone with him. He was able to tell me what I needed before I even gave him any symptoms. I wish I knew how to read VE and AFR tables like that. After flashing the manually adjusted map it's even better.

Hey V&H,
Looking forward to that FP3 manual. Any word on when that will be published? Sure would like to know how to use all these bells n whistles. : )

Old 06-26-2017, 11:51 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Same here, 100% satisfied with the people from V&H support. I uploaded the map a second time to them , they changed and afterwords the bike runs super.

Thanks again V&H support !

Old 06-27-2017, 07:09 AM
CHARGEHAMMER
Intermediate

Started running the autotune again yesterday and all is well so far. After putting some miles through it before it started pissing it down outside, it was too late to give them ring to see how they thought things looked. Although, no engine warning lights yet so I hoping it's looking good.

My overall appreciation goes out to V&H for the R&D that has gone into this product though. The canned map is a significant improvement from the stock map especially after the final elements of the Stage 1 upgrade were done.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:44 AM
CHARGEHAMMER
Intermediate

Update to my auto tune:

No more engine warning lights but the decel popping is crazy out of control. I'm still running the auto tune but want to ask a question that maybe someone here will know. When running the auto tune, should I be choose the "apply learned values" every time I arrive at a destination or can I turn the bike off and continue the session as soon as I leave again?

Old 06-29-2017, 08:53 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

You can leave it in autotune and the session continues when leave again.

The following users liked this post:
CHARGEHAMMER (06-29-2017)

Quick Reply: V&H FP3 question