Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still have not received exhaust from Licks

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017 | 03:12 PM
sporty8
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cousy
You can still have your bank issue a chargeback even if you used a debit card. Not a big deal, but you'll probably have to go into the bank and fill out some paperwork.
to concur the thread, you were right and my bank was willing to do a chargeback. Idk if this situation would've worked with another bank since mine is a credit union, but I ended up explaining my situation and the fraud department simply said that they would try to get a hold of the company in the next 10 business days(so 2 weeks) and if they get a hold of them , they will see if they are going to ship the product or if they are gonna refund my money. Odds are they said they won't get a hold of them because they'll go to the same contact info I did but regardless they said they will refund me the money at or before 10 business days. Shitty situation but it's looking like I'm either getting the exhaust or a refund. Hell, if I get a refund I'm gonna try my luck with the Vance and Hines upsweet 2-1 🤔

Old 04-08-2017 | 03:15 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by sporty8
to concur the thread, you were right and my bank was willing to do a chargeback. Idk if this situation would've worked with another bank since mine is a credit union, but I ended up explaining my situation and the fraud department simply said that they would try to get a hold of the company in the next 10 business days(so 2 weeks) and if they get a hold of them , they will see if they are going to ship the product or if they are gonna refund my money. Odds are they said they won't get a hold of them because they'll go to the same contact info I did but regardless they said they will refund me the money at or before 10 business days. Shitty situation but it's looking like I'm either getting the exhaust or a refund. Hell, if I get a refund I'm gonna try my luck with the Vance and Hines upsweet 2-1 🤔
reach out to d&d directly. other options:
  • bassani road rage
  • vance pro comp
  • sawicki
  • thunder header
  • red thunder
  • cobra wackness
  • thrashin supply
  • firebrand
  • etc..

world is your oyster

Old 04-10-2017 | 01:29 PM
drinktothat421
Road Master

id go with the road rage 3 over the upsweep.

Old 04-10-2017 | 01:43 PM
sporty8
|
Advanced

Just when i thought I was never going to hear from them again, AJ emails me saying he's been on the road the past week and just came back. How you can just leave your business for a week, idk. He asked to confirm my address so he can track it because D&D told him they would drop it directly and then switched it saying it would go to them first. So now i might get the exhaust miraculously. Either way, my bank will reimburse my money.

Old 04-11-2017 | 05:43 PM
sporty8
|
Advanced

I did what i should've done when i placed the order and called D&D directly to see whats up. I called a month after i placed the order and was told they could not tell me anything about that account. This time, i called just to ask about production and explained I purchased the exhaust a while back and they told me that Licks has not put in any orders with them in a very long time and that when the office manager comes back that they are going to remove them from the vendors list. So, I was never going to get my exhaust from them and they were putting on a front this time when trying to figure out where it was. So now i wait for my refund through my bank. The moral of this story like thread is to warn anyone ordering anything third party. Also, **** Licks Cycles.

Old 04-11-2017 | 05:57 PM
sporty8
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by drinktothat421
id go with the road rage 3 over the upsweep.
The clearance is a big issue though. The 48 is low as it is so clearance matters. I might just order the bobcat exhaust directly this time, but after seeing how high and tight the upsweep is and it doesnt interfere with passenger pegs, I might go with it.

Old 04-11-2017 | 05:58 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by sporty8
The moral of this story like thread is to warn anyone ordering anything third party. Also, **** Licks Cycles.
nah, i guess licks just failed here. reputable sellers dont do this sorta stuff

Old 04-11-2017 | 06:21 PM
sporty8
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by cvaria
nah, i guess licks just failed here. reputable sellers dont do this sorta stuff
I wish i could believe that.

Old 04-11-2017 | 08:11 PM
hexnut
Banned
Old 04-11-2017 | 08:39 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Talking

Originally Posted by hexnut
doesnt look bad at all. once you factor in the non-sex appeal of the defender, it's still a no brainer. the defender is UAF and does not sound as good as the road rage series. i even bought a RR for my sporty, couldn't let go of the grenades. there's a balancing game we all play.

hell, i think that if i had better pipes i could nail ~105-110 hp after dyno but, my pipes destroy performance and i don't give two fs about it. i have no idea why people get all bent out of shape about hp on a sporty, it's just plain silly. stressing out over 80 vs 90 hp (here 85 vs 91, bah humbug)... how the heck would you even know? i do stuff cus i'm bored, not for dyno sheets.

people know i'm there when i'm riding though. they hear those beyond obnoxious grenades on the sporty or the road rage on the dyna. .. that's more important to me. accidents hurt.

WHAP WAP WAP!!

Last edited by cvaria; 04-11-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Still have not received exhaust from Licks