Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to raise gas prices again

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:55 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time to raise gas prices again

Its Hurricane season nothing has hit so far but what do you want to bet they jack the prices up just in case.

There excuse last month was refinerys were down for maintance, can't preform maintance in the winter months when demand is less. Oh no can't do that!

Tom

Old 06-02-2007, 07:08 PM
dhc8guru
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to raise gas prices again

Well the upside is there will be less SUV's and Trucks out there to kill motorcycle riders

Old 06-02-2007, 07:12 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: dhc8guru

Well the upside is there will be less SUV's and Trucks out there to kill motorcycle riders
Yeah but the downside is that there will be more and more people out there on motorcycles, with many of themriding like idiots and killing themselves.

Last statistics I saw showed that over 50% of motorcycle accidents/fatalities were "single vehicle" accidents, meaning that no other vehicle was involved.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

ORIGINAL: dhc8guru

Yeah but the downside is that there will be more and more people out there on motorcycles, with many of themriding like idiots and killing themselves.

Last statistics I saw showed that over 50% of motorcycle accidents/fatalities were "single vehicle" accidents, meaning that no other vehicle was involved.
The key statment being "... killing themselves...". Mother nature has a way of taking care of the stupid ones if the government doesn't stick their political fingers into the pie.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:46 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

ORIGINAL: thomasf59

Its Hurricane season nothing has hit so far but what do you want to bet they jack the prices up just in case.

There excuse last month was refinerys were down for maintance, can't preform maintance in the winter months when demand is less. Oh no can't do that!

Tom
Don't know much about the refinery bidness, do you? Someof the maintenancecomes from having to switch over to summer fuel blends. And some of the maintenance comes from running the units at temperatures and pressures above what was normal in the past so they can make cleaner fuels. Some of the higher costs come from more off-spec product due to more stringent pollution requirements. More off-spec product means less on-spec for the same amount of crude. Supply & demand then says the on-spec stuff is worth more. Works about the same as if you were selling your bike; you'd sell it to the dude who offered you the most money.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
ride2tires
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/quote]

The key statment being "... killing themselves...". Mother nature has a way of taking care of the stupid ones if the government doesn't stick their political fingers into the pie.
[/quote]

ahhh yessss, the ole DARWIN AWARD. this is why in my generation parents did not allow kids to wear bicycle helmets, weed out the stupid.(maybe the government should act like my parents and get their sticky fingers out of our decisions here in MI).

Old 06-03-2007, 08:07 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 275 Likes on 170 Posts

I hear ya Fender ... I was trucking home from work the udder day. I get on I-85 around Durham NC for a short time ... a bike caught the corner of my eye ... it was on the other side of interstate. In a wheely .... had to be doing at least 65 mph, probably more like 80. He went by in a flash .. Tee Shirt, Shorts, Sneakers. What he didnt know was that I just passed the speed trap normally setup along this stretch of 85 .. on his side.