Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk reupholstered factory seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Texas Trash
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Let's talk reupholstered factory seats

Kinda like the title says, what have yall done as far as reupholstering stock/factory seats? I really like the shape of my 15' 48 solo seat. Thinking of getting it redone for some subtle changes and all around better look. Keeping it pretty simple and clean. I would love to see what yall have done or had done! More pics the merrier. I hope to be adding some of my newly redone seat very soon. I know I can go buy one but wanted to try this route first. Hope yall post up some cool seats.

From what I've seen on this forum there has been some amazing work done. And amazing work being done! I Hope to be able to Help out when I can. I'm sure I'll have some questions too!

Got my seat back! Figured I would add it to the thread

Last edited by Texas Trash; 03-18-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Hurricane 68
Road Captain
Received 112 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Seat upholstered

had the seat on my 51 done three times and wasn't happy seams split crooked not aligned. And where done by Specialty shops in bikes. Finally went to little one man shop had done in real leather not the wanna be crap and has held up great little pricey but worth it. Luck. Wild Bill

Attached Thumbnails Let's talk reupholstered factory seats-image.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
Texas Trash (03-14-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Texas Trash
Advanced

Sharp bikes!

I know there are a ton of aftermarket seats out there. From straight junk to amazing. I just want to see if I can make my stock seat turn into something clean and for the most part simple. Not really hacking it up but changing the lines a little and giving a little highlight with the thread used to sew it. I found a great deal on a new 48 solo seat. So time will tell if it works out how I had planned!

Old 03-12-2017, 11:19 PM
misput
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Let's talk reupholstered factory seats-my-tribal-pattern-seat.jpgThis is my stock 2000 seat with a little extra padding added for the passenger at a local father and daughter shop for 200$ but they said they would not do another one for that. Tribal pattern.

Texas Trash (03-14-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Texas Trash
Advanced

That's what I'm talking about,misput! Looks good! They did a helluva job. I plan on using red stitching too. My 48 is black with red calibers and some red in the burly stickers on the slammer shocks. So I thought a little red in the seat would be a nice touch since the seat will be redone in black again with better materials than stock and the stock stitched lines changed up.

Thanks for posting these pics of your stock seats,really helps to light a fire under me! Keep'em coming. Mild to wild, let's seee them all.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:11 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I am interested in getting a Mustang solo I have recovered. I was looking at Master Lugo's http://www.masterlugos.com/ who I have seen at events and his work looks good. Then a friend asked me about a local guy John Longo, in Rockville MD, who I had never heard of. I posted on the forums asking if anyone knew of him and a few guys replied back that he is good, been around a long time, so I am going to run the seat by him and get a price. http://johnlongo.net/

Last edited by atrox88; 03-13-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 AM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

I've had a few different seats modified and not one of them even came close to the Mustang for comfort. Mean City Cycles has a great reputation on several forums. though I've never used them. Google their reviews. http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Texas Trash (03-14-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Texas Trash
Advanced

My factory seat isn't great as far as comfort but it's not horrible either. It's comfortable enough to ride between having to fill up! Lol. Which isn't that long. Little tank! Lol. That's my reasoning behind having the factory seat recovered. Something a little different. I do like the look of lepara barebones seat though!

Old 03-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Stock SGS seat, sent to MeanCityCycles...Double memory foam installed

Texas Trash (03-14-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Texas Trash
Advanced

Super nice work done! If I hadn't already sent my seat out I would send it there. That's just plain purdy!

Bafflingbs (03-13-2017)

Quick Reply: Let's talk reupholstered factory seats