Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 to 1 exhaust for 2016 roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 11:15 AM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo99397
im going to buy a 2-1 exhaust for my 16 roadster, wondering what one would give me decent gains and won't interfere with the stock location of mid foot controls or require me to ditch the rear passenger pegs. Thanks.
i put the road rage on mine working out pretty good. Getting a few miles on it before i auto tune

Old 03-05-2017, 11:18 AM
drinktothat421
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Be aware of the 2 brothers!!!! is has bad ground clearances. like the worsts out of all of them. you dont just scarp your muffler. you scrap where the muffler meets the header pipes. i wanted it as well, but from what i read and seen on sportster is scraps a lot with 13 inch shock at any angle they scrap.. for the dynas it has great clearance. the road rage 3 is the news on the market i think.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:20 AM
drinktothat421
Road Master

http://www.1250kits.com/ttxlexhaust.shtml#tbcomps

hammer dyno'd it, but also explains the clearance issues. it most likely has better clearance on 2013 and lower due to the new rear master cyclinder on 2014+ the the exhaust has to fit under.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:25 AM
drinktothat421
Road Master

since the road rage 3 doesnt work with forwards i went with the competition 2-1 over the tbr for ground clearance. I still say that all 2-1 will scrap, other then the slant i bet. with my 13" shocks my comp has been great. i did scrap it a little running 12" shocks.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Hayabusasteve
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I'll let you know how the Road Rage 3 fits in a few weeks. It's on order, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a tune. I assume I can run the exhaust with a stock tune, as long as the oem airbox setup is in place. IF that's a horrible idea, let me know and I can probably let you know how the new road rage 3 fits much sooner.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:49 PM
drinktothat421
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hayabusasteve
I'll let you know how the Road Rage 3 fits in a few weeks. It's on order, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a tune. I assume I can run the exhaust with a stock tune, as long as the oem airbox setup is in place. IF that's a horrible idea, let me know and I can probably let you know how the new road rage 3 fits much sooner.

i ran a open a/c and short drags with just the stage 1 harley download for a few years. no issues at all (as far as the whole life of the bike? idk im sure it would run). I now have dyno tuned powercammarder the bike is much more powerful. you best bet for a tuner is a power vision. then if you want the quick and easy the FP3. Over all im a believer in a ture dyno tune for you bike but if the FP3 was available for my bike at the time i would running that for sure. but i have a local dyno and got a power commander 5 for a sweet deal, becuase dyno guy said he didn't use the power vision which sucked he mainly does track bikes so the commander is what he likes. but he was the only game around that i was willing to go too. so the pv run PC5 maps so its all the same to me as far as a Fuel MAP is concerned.

Last edited by drinktothat421; 03-06-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Hayabusasteve
Cruiser

I will be getting a PC5 eventually and just doing a custom tune. A sponsor of mine is a dynojet tuning center; so the tune isn't the issue there. Just throwing away $400 right now, a week after buying the bike and an $800 exhaust haha. I need to slow my roll.

I am new to the Harley world, so the harley stage 1 is news to me. I'll just be running my 2-1 exhaust for a while after I get the motor broken in and 1000mile service done.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Hayabusasteve
I'm going with the RR 3 as well. If you don't mind, can you post a sound clip once you have it installed? It would be much appreciated. I would have it on by now and have my own sound clip but had to push back ordering the pipe for a while.

Yes you can run the stock tune with a change to the exhaust only but it will run better with a different tune. I am running my stock air cleaner with the stock exhaust gutted and TTI's installed. Had DK Custom Products send me a new tune for my setup and downlaoded it to my Power Vision and it is running much better than the stock tune.

Originally Posted by kmontague
i put the road rage on mine working out pretty good. Getting a few miles on it before i auto tune
That actually looks a lot better than I thought it would on the Roadster but I'm still going with the RR3. I just like the look of the stainless steel turning gold. Hammer Performance will be testing it out on their shop mule before sending it to me so keep an eye out for those results being added to the exhaust dyno test page in the near future.

Last edited by Bowhunter8607; 03-05-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:59 PM
piratfisk
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Bassani RoadRage 3 is my top choice, so far. I'm now debating the costs of the V&H FuelPak3 versus the cost of a one-time dunk tune at a shop because I doubt I'll be doing any more "go fast" modifications to the bike, save for a better air cleaner. I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but would you guys recommend spending $400 on the FP3 system, or an independent tune?

Old 03-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Hayabusasteve
Cruiser

I'm going to go with a Power Commander 5 becasue I don't want a bulky screen, and I know my tuner is very, very, very proficient with it. The end product may not be as fancy or customizable, but I know the tune will be the absolute best it can be.

I plan to do a Hammer Performance Crush offset intake, and PC5 at the same time it is tuned. Pipe will be here mid-week, PC5 and tune will probably take place after I get back from Scotland the end of April.

Fuel pack is up to you. Patience is worth a proper tune to me.

Quick Reply: 2 to 1 exhaust for 2016 roadster?