Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Respect

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Sreynold1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Respect

This is my first post on the Sportster Forum. I lurk over here everyonce in awhile...I have a firend that just bought a 1200 Custom. She gave me a call and asked me to come over and install some parts for her, nothing hard to do (pegs, grips, odds and ends). I've owned different Harley's over the years, I owned a Sportster for 15 years before I moved onto a touring bike. Gotta tell you that after I got all the do-dads installed and she started it up I almost got wood. The Sportster is still the coolest bike out there. I wish I would have kept the Sporty as well as the EGlide. Anyone that gives any of you guys $hit about riding a Sportster can go pound sand in their a$$. I'll ride with you guys anytime.

I write this because a buddy of mine was giving another friend hell about riding a Sportster.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Respect

Ya know...it's funny. The only place I've ever heard anyone giving someone else s**t about a Sportster is on this forum. Out on the road, and in my gang of riding friends, it never happens. NEVER.

I've made some mods lately that I haven't posted pics of yet. I think everyone is going to be shocked when they see what I've done. They really are great bikes, and once you stop listening to the dealership that's saying "You can't put that on your bike", they are actually very convertible.

BTW...Welcome to the Forum!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM
eggroll
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon, TX, let's see those pics!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:27 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

Not yet bro.....not quite yet.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:38 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post. Thanks for stopping by. I second the welcome. And your bagger is welcome anytime!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: TXjammer

Ya know...it's funny. The only place I've ever heard anyone giving someone else s**t about a Sportster is on this forum. Out on the road, and in my gang of riding friends, it never happens. NEVER.

I've made some mods lately that I haven't posted pics of yet. I think everyone is going to be shocked when they see what I've done. They really are great bikes, and once you stop listening to the dealership that's saying "You can't put that on your bike", they are actually very convertible.

BTW...Welcome to the Forum!
LOL... looks like we're both holding out bro... there is a night and day difference in the way my bike looks now and what the siggy shows...

But like you it's not quite ready for the update pic...

Looking forward to seeing what you have done...

Charlie D.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Whistle Dick
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya TX, the posse I cruise with have never made a comment about my sportster and not one has yet refered to my sportster as anything other then a Harley. Not one "cute" or "girlsbike" or even a "sporty" comment. I find it odd that the only comments made like that are found here.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Whistle Dick

I hear ya TX, the posse I cruise with have never made a comment about my sportster and not one has yet refered to my sportster as anything other then a Harley. Not one "cute" or "girlsbike" or even a "sporty" comment. I find it odd that the only comments made like that are found here.
I find it rather predictable myself!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:38 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Dammit TXJammer and Dbleagle quit teasing us and post those damn pics...please?[&o]

Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Dammit TXJammer and Dbleagle quit teasing us and post those damn pics...please?[&o]
Patience my friend, patience. I'll give you a hint...my passenger now hasmore roomthan she would on a Heritage....that's all I'm gonna say.

Quick Reply: Respect