Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black widows in my bike! YIKES!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007 | 01:00 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Black widows in my bike! YIKES!

ORIGINAL: aceospades

OCC made a bike called the black widow(it was actually the only bike that ive seen of of theirs that i liked) now yours is the black widow bike(and much better quality)..and it sounds like it was definitly a black widow on your bike if you found 1 dead and 1 alive..she used the poor guy for sex then killed him when he was done..thank God ive never found a women that does that!!!
That is an AWESOME bike. I saw it last summer when OCC did one of their tour stops here in Nashville.

Outdoorsgirl, I've had many dealings with Black Widow Spiders. Best way to deal with them is bug fog,that specifically lists Black Widows as an enemy. I assume you park your bike inan enclosed area. (Black Widows aren't usually out in the elements) Just get about twice as much bug fog as you think you need, cover the bike losely with a sheet, set off the fog bombs...go have a couple of beers, and the Black Widows will be gone at least for a couple of years.

Old 05-30-2007 | 01:36 AM
TJ Willy
Tourer

^^^^ agreed. Getting them out of the bike won't work if they are in the garage. Sounds like you might have a bigger problem than just BWs in your scoot. Good luck.

Old 05-30-2007 | 01:48 AM
eggroll
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Zeb

I think now it's only right and fitting that your repaint your bike to 'Black Widow Black' and have a custom, red hourglass painted down the middle of the tank, and cool, red "Black Widow" letterings done on it in a couple of places, with a few painted spider webs here and there as well.

Then, who knows, you may have just started a new line of Sporties for the chicks.

I could definitelysee a chick pulling up on one, wearing stilletos and tight leathers, taking off her helmet and shaking her hair down... yum...
...I think Zeb has gone to his happy place for a bit...

I agree. Ya gotta talk to Amy, see if she can get you a good deal on a custom paint job. The stilettos and leathers? I'm sure there's a shop that sells that sort of thing nearby, yeah?

Old 05-30-2007 | 01:55 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

I'd like to see that Steve. Black widow bike with some fishnet nylons. Hot babe's bike fur shur!!

Old 05-30-2007 | 06:15 AM
sgt joe
Road Captain

YIKES ! That will make you paranoid fer awhile !

Old 05-30-2007 | 08:17 AM
outdoorgirl57
|
Road Master

I don't own a garage. Mine is under the carport. My bike rarely goes more than a couple days without being ridden, so it doesn't take them long enough to set up house. I soaked the carport with bug spray that supposedly has a residual life of 8 weeks. I also srayed the foundation of my house again, but I think it is time for a professional exterminator. I killed one a couple years ago too in my flowerbed outside my house. It still creeps me out! I think I'd rather of had a tarantula than a black widow.BW venom makes you deathly ill and the anti-venom is pretty risky too.

I love living in NM, but it is a bit like living in Jurassic Park. Had to shoot and kill a rattle snake in my backyard last summer.

Old 05-30-2007 | 06:38 PM
jedsporty883
Tourer

Outdoorgirl 57, you are fortunate that you found it before it came out of that battery box at night and found you. I'd have crapped my pants, had I found it. We have plenty of them in Tennessee. Black Widows love hot and dry conditions. I think Arizona is the Black Widow Capital of the entire country, so New Mexico should be right up there,too. Scorpions and Black Widows;I hate those b#stards. We had a BW inside a floodlight housing on our dock and no one knew it as we all reached up to turn the light on and off all the time until one night one of the guys looked up into the floodlight and he saw it. It was hammered to death and all the guys on the dock are aware that they are here. Thanks for the head's up for those of us that keep our bikes outside.

Old 05-30-2007 | 06:44 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

Oh yeah, I momentarily forgot you're in the desert. I guess they don't mind getting out in the elements there. I have them in my Garage about every 2 years.

Old 05-30-2007 | 07:32 PM
Zeb
Road Master

ORIGINAL: outdoorgirl57

I don't own a garage. Mine is under the carport. My bike rarely goes more than a couple days without being ridden, so it doesn't take them long enough to set up house. I soaked the carport with bug spray that supposedly has a residual life of 8 weeks. I also srayed the foundation of my house again, but I think it is time for a professional exterminator. I killed one a couple years ago too in my flowerbed outside my house. It still creeps me out! I think I'd rather of had a tarantula than a black widow.BW venom makes you deathly ill and the anti-venom is pretty risky too.

I kill them all the time around my home. I've also had black widows in my house, I've had them on me and I've brought one in my house that way once that was on my chest after walking into its web spred across my laundry room door one evening, and I was bit by a little one at work once - felt like an ant bite.

Black widows are nothing compared to brown recluse bites. Those are much, much worse.

Old 05-30-2007 | 11:34 PM
outdoorgirl57
|
Road Master

Well, it has been more than 24 hours and no webs yet...so I think I got them this time. 24 hours of not moving the bike seemed to be the benchmark for the web to re-appear in the past. I guess I'll just fog the bike every couple months. Thinking back, I hadput about 2,000 miles on the bike since I saw the first web...so she was hitch-hiking for quite awhile before I got her. But she took care of Mr. BW for me.

It still creeps me out![:'(]

Quick Reply: Black widows in my bike! YIKES!