Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recomend a Bag

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts
Default RE: Recomend a Bag

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

I just came across what looks to be a pretty good bag. I'm not familiar with the Motherwell solo rack, but this bag has a pretty universal fitment, it would probably work.

http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Mercha...;Category_Code=
I tried one of these bags and wound up throwing it away. First, the bag doesn't have any stiffeners in it. If it's only 1/2 full it hangs like a sloppy dishrag. Second, if you stuff it full, the strain on the material causes the zippers to seperate, never to be functional again.

Leather-Up has a similar bag, about the same price, and it also has the same problems.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a KARYAKAN Grand Tour bag. It's big, but nice on trips. It will fit on the passenger seat or on the rack. It's a nice back rest on the seat.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got the Kuryakyn Grand Tour bag as well and tried yesterday on the passenger section and its a pretty nice backrest and will hold a pretty fair amount( it will hold a fullface helmet with a little room to spare in the main compartment to give you an idea on storage). Have not tried it on the back of the sissy bar yet as I need a luggage rack. There may be others out there with more room but I liked this one pretty well and for $129 with free shipping at Eastern Performance the price was not really too bad compared to some others I looked at.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: cHarley

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

I just came across what looks to be a pretty good bag. I'm not familiar with the Motherwell solo rack, but this bag has a pretty universal fitment, it would probably work.

http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Mercha...;Category_Code=
I tried one of these bags and wound up throwing it away. First, the bag doesn't have any stiffeners in it. If it's only 1/2 full it hangs like a sloppy dishrag. Second, if you stuff it full, the strain on the material causes the zippers to seperate, never to be functional again.

Leather-Up has a similar bag, about the same price, and it also has the same problems.
Hey Charlie, thanks for the 411, I was thinking about ordering one of those.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Tegne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the SAC 'Half SAC' bag (www.coolsac.com) which uses apocket that fits over thesissy bar and pad. Nice and snug. Holds a fair amount of stuff too. Straps tie itdown onto the blinkers andI wrap a steel cable lock through the handle and under the sissy bar to secure it to the bike when I want to leave it for a while.

Oh, and you canmount it so thatthe bagrests on the passenger seat (particularly useful when I'm carrying a laptop), or you can turn it so that it rests on the rack when carrying a passenger.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
pitbulldog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: brendajmull

I just ordered this bag from ozarkwholesale.com , it was recommended from another forum member. It is about 16 inches long and 10 in diameter. It also has the plastic insert so it won't get saggy. It has can be attached to the luggage rack. I should get it in a day or two. It was 59$, not bad for a rigid leather bag.
I recommended the bag from ozarkwholesale.com to brendajmull. This place is about thirty miles from where I live. I've bought chaps, gloves, etc from them. This particular bag works well for me. I took it on a long (1300 mile) trip last weekend. We were caught in heavy rain a number of times, nothing in the bag was even damp due to the liner that comes with it. It holds about two days worth of clothes plus an overnight kit. I am very satisfied with this bag.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: brendajmull

I just ordered this bag from ozarkwholesale.com , it was recommended from another forum member. It is about 16 inches long and 10 in diameter. It also has the plastic insert so it won't get saggy. It has can be attached to the luggage rack. I should get it in a day or two. It was 59$, not bad for a rigid leather bag.
Let us know how you like the bag. I need to upgrade my travel "luggage". I ordered my chaps from ozarkwholesale.com. The shipping service was fine, but then the chaps they sent were not the size that they were labeled. They handled getting the correct size to me very well, but I was then dissapointed with the quality of the chaps, so I've been hesitant to order from them again.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
MortgageGuy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get along pretty well with the T-bag Rt. 66 for longer trips and the rigid saddle roll for day rides. They have a lot of different styles. Kind of pricey but the service, quality, and lifetime guarantee are worth something.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Werbeck
Tourer

This bag from HD works OK.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19046/04BF3A9F55134B999940AA516532CA50.jpg[/IMG]