Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC Bros reduced forward control kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior
Received 596 Likes on 333 Posts
Default TC Bros reduced forward control kit?

Hey Gang,

So I recently bought this forward control kit reducer from TC Bros:

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/forwar...ter-black.html

It looks alot like the Harley one so I bought it because it's almost half the cost. Anyone use this kit before? I like forward controls, but they're just a touch too far for my liking.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:45 PM
imjuslazy
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudepants
Hey Gang,

So I recently bought this forward control kit reducer from TC Bros:

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/forwar...ter-black.html

It looks alot like the Harley one so I bought it because it's almost half the cost. Anyone use this kit before? I like forward controls, but they're just a touch too far for my liking.
Half the cost? Its like 150 from surdyke. Regardless I am interested in this kit as well. Have you installed it? I heard people dont like the fact that it sticks one side out farther then the other. Can you comment? Can you take before and after pictures, possibly with you sitting on it so we can see how your foot position changed. That would be really helpful since there isnt really a lot of information on this kit. Thanks again.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by imjuslazy
Half the cost? Its like 150 from surdyke. Regardless I am interested in this kit as well. Have you installed it? I heard people dont like the fact that it sticks one side out farther then the other. Can you comment? Can you take before and after pictures, possibly with you sitting on it so we can see how your foot position changed. That would be really helpful since there isnt really a lot of information on this kit. Thanks again.
Yep, I'll do a little write up here in case anyone else is interested.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:02 PM
imjuslazy
Cruiser

Yep, I'll do a little write up here in case anyone else is interested.
Looking forward to it. And if you can, can you take a picture of you sitting on it with a before and after installation. From the front, I can see better how much further it sticks out. Thanks again

Old 10-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Yep, tried it and it's not for me.

So, here's the deal. I did put the TC Bros reduced reach kit on my bike but because it also raises the pegs up about an inch, it didn't work for me. I didn't take any pictures because I was pretty bummed out I spent cash on this and I'm not going to use it.

I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam, so I probably didn't even need to look at this but I felt like if the pegs were back a touch it would make it more comfortable. It definitely shifts it back 2 inches and your shifter peg is kicked out about 1" giving it an offset feel when riding. I'm sure there are folks that have no issues with the reduced reach kit, but I'm guessing it's really meant for someone shorter than me. The other thing I noticed is how because of the difference in position, both the shift and the brake pedal point up a lot more. So much more that I couldn't cover the brake pedal while riding.

Fit and finish from TC Bros looks good, everything went together smoothly. Lesson learned I guess, the reduced reach is not for me. If anyone wants a reduced reach kit for their Sportster, let me know, haha!

Old 11-03-2016, 10:04 PM
imjuslazy
Cruiser

So, here's the deal. I did put the TC Bros reduced reach kit on my bike but because it also raises the pegs up about an inch, it didn't work for me. I didn't take any pictures because I was pretty bummed out I spent cash on this and I'm not going to use it.

I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam, so I probably didn't even need to look at this but I felt like if the pegs were back a touch it would make it more comfortable. It definitely shifts it back 2 inches and your shifter peg is kicked out about 1" giving it an offset feel when riding. I'm sure there are folks that have no issues with the reduced reach kit, but I'm guessing it's really meant for someone shorter than me. The other thing I noticed is how because of the difference in position, both the shift and the brake pedal point up a lot more. So much more that I couldn't cover the brake pedal while riding.

Fit and finish from TC Bros looks good, everything went together smoothly. Lesson learned I guess, the reduced reach is not for me. If anyone wants a reduced reach kit for their Sportster, let me know, haha!
Can i have it?

Old 11-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by imjuslazy
Can i have it?
For a small price, yes!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
imjuslazy
Cruiser

PM me what you want for them shipped to 07960

Old 02-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Brady Williams
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll buy

are they still available

Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Brady Williams
are they still available
Sorry Brady, sold on Fleabay a while back