Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nasty wreck last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:50 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nasty wreck last night

[quote]ORIGINAL: lkr0

1. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do not speak for ALLblack people---IMHO they are media ******
2. Is black bike week racist --- depends on how you look at it --- the official name is not bike black week---If it were not money to be made it would not exist.
3. with the exception of two events, all otherevents are predominately white --- defacto white bike (insert event name here)
4. I don't have statistics to prove it but I would bet most bike events are attended bywhite people---on more than one occasion people have gone out their way to make me feel not welcome at HD dealer (not employees) and bike nights/events----I chaulk it up to their ignorance---I am sure this has happened to other people of color---is it prevalent--no but it does happen.
5. I like some rock some country but do I want to hear at every bike event I attend --- most likely not
6. Look at the pictures in US Rider News-or any other publication about bikes----how many people of color do you see????
7. It is shamefulthat in 2007 race is still a topic of discussion and there is still a need forHD to have minority relations division
8. Confederate Patches---a symbol of pride to some white people---a symbol of slavery, racisimand the KKK to most black people

Different eyes looking at the same thing see different things---it all depends on your perspective and life experiences.

My buddies and I have a saying of why we do not ride alone to any bike event"someone has to go back and tell what happen to the others"

and finally: Is This Event For Everyone?

Black Bike Week is for everyone. It does not matter what gender, race or nationality. All are welcome

quote]ORIGINAL: mzlanette

If there were a white bike week, your right people would be all over it as racist. And, most likely without enough people to force it through and supporting it, they’d win the argument. However, who have you seen standing up to argue black bike week? Typically, Caucasian people (people of lighter color) never stand up against “reverse racism”.

Most people are of the mind, “there’s nothing I can do”, but there is. Someone could start their own… Native Indian Bike week. Italian Bike week. Lol… You get the idea…. Or, an easier place to start is to write letters and stop supporting the sponsors for Black Bike Week. Do you realize the potential impact that could be had if just the people from this forum alone all wrote letters to Budweiser and Coke telling them that as long as they support a racist event like Black Bike Week, that they weren’t going to purchase any of their products and[/b] actually stopped. And if everyone here got one friend to follow suit, it would have an impact and the companies would re-think their sponsorship.

One of the problems is that people (blanket statement) by nature are lazy and would rather complain from the sideline than to do what it takes to make an effective change. They have a HUGE case of NIMBY (Not in my back yard). They figure that as long as it isn’t directly affecting them they aren’t going to expend the energy.

All of that aside, I’m a firm believer of being proud of ones heritage. I don’t have to be “anti” anyone to be proud of who I am and where I came from. I’m definitely NOT white. To me, white is a color not a race. And mama and Daddy were definitely not crayons.

[font="times new roman"][size=3]For what it’s

Old 05-26-2007, 11:51 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

also im sorry for jackin this thread..it is way off topic now..

Old 05-27-2007, 02:43 AM
mzlanette
Tourer

With all due respect, Yes Sir, "Black Bike Week" is raclst. You are correct that the event headline may say "Atlantic Bike Fest", I would respectfully point out that the event organizers chose the url http://www.black-bike-week.com. They may not exclude anyone from attending but they are very specific about who and what the event is for.

2007 Bike Fest

Welcome to Atlantic Beach, South Carolina and the 2007 Atlantic Beach Bike Festival. Atlantic Beach, nicknamed The Black Pearl, is one of only two black-owned beaches in South Carolina. Our development goal is to preserve this unique heritage and create a resort destination that highlights African American culture.

They go on later to call it Black Bike Week in their promotions as well as in their contact information...

Atlantic Beach Black Bikers Festival 2006
717 30th Avenue, South
Atlantic Beach, SC 29582
Phone: (843) 663-2284 Fax843) 663-2286
info@atlanticbeachbikefest.org

So, i'd have to respectfully disagree with you. Also, while visually, most event goers may appear to be fair skinned, they are rarely mostly "white". They are Italian, German, Irish, Native American, and so on. Although, It isn't unusual for people to have their heritage stripped from them based on stereotypical visual assumption.

The point is this... I personally don't care if some one wants to have a gypsy bike week, as long as they don't get mad or offended if i want to have Native American bike week. When people (general term) segregate themselves, they shouldn't then complain about segregation.

Again, Just my .02

ORIGINAL: lkr0

2. Is black bike week racist --- depends on how you look at it --- the official name is not bike black week---If it were not money to be made it would not exist.
[/quote]

Old 05-27-2007, 03:07 AM
jumpmasterjay
Tourer
Received 266 Likes on 40 Posts

Here's a story about a girl who fell off the back of a rice burner...

http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content...rashqueen.html

Nice looking girl who got all torn up. This is why my wife likes the sissybar (when she's a passenger) You never know when the rider will need to goose the throttle and the cage behind you is yakking on their phone.

Have a good week,

Old 05-27-2007, 03:07 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: mzlanette

With all due respect, Yes Sir, "Black Bike Week" is raclst. You are correct that the event headline may say "Atlantic Bike Fest", I would respectfully point out that the event organizers chose the url http://www.black-bike-week.com. They may not exclude anyone from attending but they are very specific about who and what the event is for.
Again, Just my .02
If you need any proof as to who the event is geared towards, just go to the website, and click on the "performers" link.

I don't think ANY even should be geared towards any particular race. Black Miss America Pageant? Racist, IMO. Can you imagine the uproar over a "White Miss America Pageant"?? How about "White History Month"??

Old 05-27-2007, 10:45 AM
mzlanette
Tourer

There isn't a "White History Month" mostly because there isn't such a race as "White". Most people just chose to identify with a color name instead of an ethnic heritage. There is, however, a Confederate Heritage Month that most people either don't know about, don't care to celebrate or worse, are afraid to celebrate it in fear of offending someone. http://confederateheritagemonth.com

Again, we can all sit around b*tching about what we have or what someone else has or we can put in the energy to make a change or make a difference. As I said earlier, we don't have to anti anything to be pro something...

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

ORIGINAL: mzlanette

Again, Just my .02

If you need any proof as to who the event is geared towards, just go to the website, and click on the "performers" link.

I don't think ANY even should be geared towards any particular race. Black Miss America Pageant? Racist, IMO. Can you imagine the uproar over a "White Miss America Pageant"?? How about "White History Month"??

Old 05-28-2007, 04:52 PM
FlashBang
Advanced

Maybe I'm just a poor excuse for a Redneck, but I don't have a problem with Black Biker Week. Most other biker events do seem geared for the caucasian majority of bikers. So, y'all have fun.
The road rash chick story was an attention getter. I made my 16 year old daugter with the two week old class M license read it.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:55 PM
mzlanette
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FlashBang

Maybe I'm just a poor excuse for a Redneck, but I don't have a problem with Black Biker Week. Most other biker events do seem geared for the caucasian majority of bikers. So, y'all have fun.
The road rash chick story was an attention getter. I made my 16 year old daugter with the two week old class M license read it.
It has nothing to do with being a redneck.... it's one of those things.... If i have to explain it, You wouldn't get it.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM
FlashBang
Advanced

The first sentance was a feeble attempt at humor. With the potential to polorize the forum, it probably wasn't the best comment to make, I apologize. I understand better than you think, I've just taken a different view. I have all the proper southern, white male credintials and I am proud of my heritage. There are a few confederate flags in my possesion as well. I just don't see Black Biker week as a problem.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 AM
pepesworld
Cruiser

Some of my best friends have black bikes.

Quick Reply: nasty wreck last night