Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nasty wreck last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 AM
dewnasty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nasty wreck last night

Alright guys so I found out tonight from one of my buddies that the reason the dumb @$$ dumped the bike is he was going 55 and tried to pop a wheelie and busted it

Old 05-26-2007, 02:29 AM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dewnasty

Alright guys so I found out tonight from one of my buddies that the reason the dumb @$$ dumped the bike is he was going 55 and tried to pop a wheelie and busted it
Now that's interesting... [sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 05-26-2007, 03:03 AM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

wheelies are for weanies!

Old 05-26-2007, 03:28 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

yeah there should be a white bike week but there wont be, that would be considered racist.......go figure.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:28 AM
More_Beer
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last week a guy was killed in my town trying to show off to some chicks on a sport bike. not sure on the exact details cause i heard a few different stories but bottom line is he ended up slamming into the back of a parked pickup and killed instantly.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:00 AM
mzlanette
Tourer

If there were a white bike week, your right people would be all over it as racist. And, most likely without enough people to force it through and supporting it, they’d win the argument. However, who have you seen standing up to argue black bike week? Typically, Caucasian people (people of lighter color) never stand up against “reverse racism”.

Most people are of the mind, “there’s nothing I can do”, but there is. Someone could start their own… Native Indian Bike week. Italian Bike week. Lol… You get the idea…. Or, an easier place to start is to write letters and stop supporting the sponsors for Black Bike Week. Do you realize the potential impact that could be had if just the people from this forum alone all wrote letters to Budweiser and Coke telling them that as long as they support a racist event like Black Bike Week, that they weren’t going to purchase any of their products and[/b] actually stopped. And if everyone here got one friend to follow suit, it would have an impact and the companies would re-think their sponsorship.

One of the problems is that people (blanket statement) by nature are lazy and would rather complain from the sideline than to do what it takes to make an effective change. They have a HUGE case of NIMBY (Not in my back yard). They figure that as long as it isn’t directly affecting them they aren’t going to expend the energy.

All of that aside, I’m a firm believer of being proud of ones heritage. I don’t have to be “anti” anyone to be proud of who I am and where I came from. I’m definitely NOT white. To me, white is a color not a race. And mama and Daddy were definitely not crayons.

For what it’s worth, if anyone is of a mind to make the effort….

Coke-
Post Office Box 1734. Atlanta, Georgia 30301. Phone: 404.676.2568. Fax: 404.676.8804

Budweiser-
Anheuser-Busch, Inc. One Busch Place St. Louis, MO 63118 Phone: 1 800 342 5283

More Info: http://www.black-bike-week.com/index.cfm

http://www.black-bike-week.com/sponsors.cfm

Just my .02

Old 05-26-2007, 07:45 AM
dewnasty
Advanced

alright I agree there should be a white bike week but we pretty much already have one, Harley week is mostly white people just like bikefest is mostly black people. During Harley week you see a few black people scattered out and during Bikefest you see a few white people scattered out. Black bike week is just a nickname of what is actually called bikefest or memorial bike week.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

well i was told before that most of the businesses close during black bike week..mostly restaurants(they are not known for tipping waitresses etc.)

Old 05-26-2007, 10:56 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

1. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do not speak for ALLblack people---IMHO they are media ******
2. Is black bike week racist --- depends on how you look at it --- the official name is not bike black week---If it were not money to be made it would not exist.
3. with the exception of two events, all otherevents are predominately white --- defacto white bike (insert event name here)
4. I don't have statistics to prove it but I would bet most bike events are attended bywhite people---on more than one occasion people have gone out their way to make me feel not welcome at HD dealer (not employees) and bike nights/events----I chaulk it up to their ignorance---I am sure this has happened to other people of color---is it prevalent--no but it does happen.
5. I like some rock some country but do I want to hear at every bike event I attend --- most likely not
6. Look at the pictures in US Rider News-or any other publication about bikes----how many people of color do you see????
7. It is shamefulthat in 2007 race is still a topic of discussion and there is still a need forHD to have minority relations division
8. Confederate Patches---a symbol of pride to some white people---a symbol of slavery, racisimand the KKK to most black people

Different eyes looking at the same thing see different things---it all depends on your perspective and life experiences.

My buddies and I have a saying of why we do not ride alone to any bike event"someone has to go back and tell what happen to the others"

and finally: Is This Event For Everyone?

Black Bike Week is for everyone. It does not matter what gender, race or nationality. All are welcome

quote]ORIGINAL: mzlanette

If there were a white bike week, your right people would be all over it as racist. And, most likely without enough people to force it through and supporting it, they’d win the argument. However, who have you seen standing up to argue black bike week? Typically, Caucasian people (people of lighter color) never stand up against “reverse racism”.

Most people are of the mind, “there’s nothing I can do”, but there is. Someone could start their own… Native Indian Bike week. Italian Bike week. Lol… You get the idea…. Or, an easier place to start is to write letters and stop supporting the sponsors for Black Bike Week. Do you realize the potential impact that could be had if just the people from this forum alone all wrote letters to Budweiser and Coke telling them that as long as they support a racist event like Black Bike Week, that they weren’t going to purchase any of their products and[/b] actually stopped. And if everyone here got one friend to follow suit, it would have an impact and the companies would re-think their sponsorship.

One of the problems is that people (blanket statement) by nature are lazy and would rather complain from the sideline than to do what it takes to make an effective change. They have a HUGE case of NIMBY (Not in my back yard). They figure that as long as it isn’t directly affecting them they aren’t going to expend the energy.

All of that aside, I’m a firm believer of being proud of ones heritage. I don’t have to be “anti” anyone to be proud of who I am and where I came from. I’m definitely NOT white. To me, white is a color not a race. And mama and Daddy were definitely not crayons.

[font="times new roman"][size=3]For what it

Old 05-26-2007, 10:59 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Every time I hear shlt like that, make me scared. There are many crazy riders around, you never know when they pull up right in front of you. Ride safe guys.

Quick Reply: nasty wreck last night