Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screaming eagle street performance slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: screaming eagle street performance slip ons

I have the SE slip on slash outs and they are way louder than stock. You should do the A/C, you wont be sorry. I got all three done at my dealer for $750. That was for the slip ons, A/C, and remap. Don't forget you should get a discount for buying the new bike.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
SurfGuitar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently swapped the stock mufflers on my brother'snew 1200Land my new Street Bob for a set of the "new" Screamin' Eagle slip-ons. Neither of us wanted to do the remap or go the SERT route, as the bikes run just fine in stock form. The "new" SE slip-ons (not the old SE II's) don't require any ECM tweaking as long as the stock air cleaner is left in place. Here are my observations:

1.) The '07 SE slip-ons for the Sportster DO change the sound noticeably...deep and significantly louder than stock, but not obnoxiously loud.

2.) The '07 SE slip-ons for the Dyna hardly change the sound at all - just a bit deeper but I don't think they are any louder than the stock pipes. Many of the Dyna guys who have installed them are complaining that they aren't loud enough, and I agree 100%. The Sportster mufflers are a lot shorter than the Dyna mufflers, so this is probably where the difference in sound comes from. I like the looks of the SE's on this bike, but if I had it to do over again, I'd have left the stockmufflers on theDyna and saved $300.

Anotheradvantage of the SE mufflers is that they fit perfectly, install easily and are top quality parts.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
FORDTUFF
Advanced

JohnBoy1, why are you taking them off after only 2 weeks , are they not loud enough for you .

Old 05-25-2007, 11:57 AM
FORDTUFF
Advanced

I wish these service people would get their s&%t together and tell us once and for all the truth about slipons for the o7's, can the ecm make adjustments or not , also the harley website has a graph for comparing stock mufflers and the se street performance slip ons , no other additions , it showsa nice gain in torque (about 10F/lbs ) and approx. 5 horsepower

Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
pwnzilla
Cruiser

Yea I noticed that too FORD, the website says nothing about buying a computer or doing any other changes, other than some clamps...Eff it I'm ordering the Slash-Outs tomorrow.

I want to keep my bike "genuine" if I can, I don't really know why, but for some reason I don't like the idea of aftermarket stuff on my Harley, to each their own.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:54 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I know from experience on mine that just slip ons is FINE on a 2007 FI with no other modifications, maps or downloads.
I don't know about the computer "learning" though, it ran fine right after I put them on, nothing weird at all, I'm completly happy with it but glad I got the SE2's as I have heard the SE street performance and I would be wanting for more sound.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM
jws4
6th Gear

I spoke to the people at HD headquarters when I needed to know if the new street legal EPA compliante SE slip onswould fit on my 05 1200C and they said no problem and there hasn't been. (stock AC) They also said that all EFI Sportsters are factory ready to take the slip ons w/o any remapping. HOWEVER if you change to SE AC you will have to remap the computer. They are definately louder than the stock pipes.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:21 PM
JohnBoy1
Cruiser

When i bought these from the dealer he told me it would need no tune at all for the se slip ons. They made a very nice difference in the sound and the performance of the bike. I found a killer deal on a rinehart 2-1 for 475 bucks and grabbed it right quick so the SE's must go to cover some of the dyno and tuner cost's.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:59 PM
fishn4life
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my $.01 from my own experience with my bike....not what I read about.
I purchased an 07 1200N, I wanted a deeper sound from my exhaust so I started asking around. Everyone had an opinion from what they experienced or what they "heard."
After talking with several mechanics (HD & non-HD) who would not benefit either way from telling me the truth, I came to the concensous that all of the '07 sporties are running extremely lean right out from the factory. (fuel emmision laws, etc...)
I decided to just add some slip-ons and go from there. I threw onsome Rinehart slips and what a difference they made! Great sound, however a lot of cracks and backfiring. After riding around a while (hoping the EFI would start to compensate) I realized nothing was going to change.
After debating a HD download or a fuel management system, I decided to go with the download (mostly due to $$).
After getting the download the backfiring was gone and the cracks were at a minimum. It sounded great and I was pleased with the overall outcome. I threw in a SE A/C a couple of days later....and WOW......it's perfect! Great deep sound, no annoying cracks or backfiring!
So....long story - short....the EFI does not always compensate, and if you do decide to change out the pipes and/or A/C, you might have to throw down some extra $$ for a download or FMS.

Just my experience.....
Mike

Old 05-25-2007, 10:23 PM
JohnBoy1
Cruiser

The 50 states are pretty much a bolton and go pipe, i have no popping or anything odd going on. The rinharts are a much free'er flowing slipon then the SE 50's so there is still a moderate amount of back pressure. With my rinehart 2-1 i have to have a PC3 ac and the fun dyno tune.

Quick Reply: screaming eagle street performance slip ons