Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My left hand keeps getting dirty!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My left hand keeps getting dirty!!

Don't think gloves are gonna matter all that much in a wreck.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

SportyPig, I don't know what kind of lever you have, is that a polished lever? I think it could be just like silverware, when you polish them, you will see a lot of black stuff coming off the silver. I would try some silver/brass polish, it may work.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Waterford may have some crystal clutch levers.j/k!!

Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I second that, gloves may not save your skin but still better than using your skins as gloves. Dallaxtx, you can try to get summer gloves, I have these ones, high air flow, they don't bother me at all, very cool in the summer. I also have gloves for winter.
ORIGINAL: ******

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

I don't wear gloves this time of year.
You don't think crashes happen this time of year, or you use yer knuckles to collect a snack while riding?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Zeb
Road Master

Get rid of the gayass fingerless gloves!

[/align]Well, if you ever took a tumble, then the first thing most riders do is put their hands down to try and protect themselves, and "gayass fingerless gloves," leather of course, offer protection of the palm area of the hand, something that could lose a lot of skin and make a person very uncomfortable for a long time after such an incident, as well as making it difficult to do things with their hands, also, for awhile afterwards.[/align][/align][/align]Not only that, but people who carry guns might have trouble getting their fingers on the trigger if needed if they were wearing full coverage gloves.[/align][/align]Also, some people might have trouble digging bugs out of their noses while riding down the freeway with full coverage gloves.[/align][/align]
But hey, that's just my opinion, you're free to feel your manhood is threatened if you wear fingerless gloves or not.[/align][/align]Go easy on me, ******, I know I'm taking on the monitor and thatyou hold all power in your full gloved hands... [/align]

Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Zeb
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

Since it has become warm, and I've been able to return to my fingerless gloves, my left fingers get dirty as everything everytime I ride. I guess whatever protective coating was on the clutch lever from the factory got worn off during the winter. I have NO CLUE what type of product to put on those stock levers.

I know I could just get some new chrome ones, but that's not the answer I'm interested in.

Suggestions please..????

Wash your bike, including the grips, every now and then?

Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zeb

Not only that, but people who carry guns might have trouble getting their fingers on the trigger if needed if they were wearing full coverage gloves
LOL! you ball buster...rotfl

Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Zeb
Road Master

ORIGINAL: aceospades

ORIGINAL: Zeb

Not only that, but people who carry guns might have trouble getting their fingers on the trigger if needed if they were wearing full coverage gloves
LOL! you ball buster...rotfl

Well, what can I say, I live in the wild west and lots of people out here carry guns legally, and some trigger guards make it difficult to get glovedfingers through.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need to move to a state where it is possible to get a permit to carry..the only ones carrying guns here are the cops and the criminals..i need to level out the playing field here..the only thing that worries me is my short temper..and i really dont want some stupid cager to pay the ultimate price for cutting me off..maybe im better off staying here wher im not allowed to carry..

Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Let's see. My feet usually kick in the cager's door before I hit the ground. 42 bucks suprises me for the gloves.I thought everything at Harley is a H undred D ollars.

Quick Reply: My left hand keeps getting dirty!!