Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to use PowerVision. Wideband o2 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 10:16 AM
wolfman5874
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Getting ready to use PowerVision. Wideband o2 sensors?

So I have received my PowerVision. I'm getting ready to order some wideband o2 sensors since an o2 eliminator kit was installed on my bike by the dealership and my factory ones have been trashed.

These dynojet wideband 02 sensors come with tuners. Where can I get just the sensors themselves?

Old 07-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

to use widebands you will also need different connectors and you will need to do some custom wiring as the factory narrow bands do not have the necessary connections for the widebands. Plus you will need some kind of interface to interpret the signals as your stock stuff is not capable of doing it.

Last edited by Bonneville Racer; 07-06-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:31 AM
wolfman5874
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bonneville Racer
to use widebands you will also need different connectors and you will need to do some custom wiring as the factory narrow bands do not have the necessary connections for the widebands.
Damnit, I did not know this. Could I do this with some instructions or would I be better off getting a professional to do it?

Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 AM
KCCO-Forty Eight
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wouldn't he just need to buy the Auto Tune Pro Kit add on?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...ion-for-harley

Old 07-06-2016, 11:11 AM
aswracing
Road Captain
Received 551 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfman5874
So I have received my PowerVision. I'm getting ready to order some wideband o2 sensors since an o2 eliminator kit was installed on my bike by the dealership and my factory ones have been trashed.

These dynojet wideband 02 sensors come with tuners. Where can I get just the sensors themselves?
Neither the Powervision nor your factory ECM works directly with wideband sensors. So buying the sensors alone will not help you, and no amount of connectors and rewiring will make them work. The Powervision and the factory ECM literally do not know how to read and interpret wideband sensors.

To use widebands, you have to get not only the sensors, but also an interface that interprets the sensors and passes the information on to the Powervision.

Dynojet bundles the sensors and this interface and they call it the "Autotune Pro" kit. It comes with a little interface box and all the wiring harnesses and connectors needed to hook it all up. It's all plug and play.

Once it's installed, your Powervision will understand the wideband sensors, and it can utilize them in the autotune process. You'll also be able to set up your Powervision to monitor front and/or rear AFR.

Your factory ECM, however, will still not know anything about the wideband sensors. It's still looking for the stock narrow bands, although you can turn that off using your Powervision, thereby preventing the factory ECM from throwing codes. You just turn off closed loop and the ECM will stop trying to read the stock sensors.

There IS however a way to teach the factory ECM how to understand and interpret the wideband sensors, and run closed loop using them. That's a different Powervision add-on product called "Target Tune". It does everything the Autotune Pro kit does, but it also provides the ability to reprogram the factory ECM to work with widebands.

It's a relatively new product. There have been a lot of glowing reports about how well it works. But it hasn't been universal, there have been some people who couldn't make it work.

More info here: http://www.flashyourharley.com

Old 07-06-2016, 11:12 AM
aswracing
Road Captain
Received 551 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by KCCO-Forty Eight
Wouldn't he just need to buy the Auto Tune Pro Kit add on?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...ion-for-harley
Yes. I was typing my post as you posted this.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM
wolfman5874
Advanced

Thanks guys. Another $400 dollars. Traded one money pit for another.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

you can auto tune with the stock o2 sensors. You do not have to have widebands for that.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:26 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

He does not have the stock 02 sensors. His dealership took them off and they do not have them anymore.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:18 PM
KCCO-Forty Eight
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfman5874
Thanks guys. Another $400 dollars. Traded one money pit for another.

It happens

What part of NC are you from?

Quick Reply: Getting ready to use PowerVision. Wideband o2 sensors?