Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye to the Sportie

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 06:25 AM
3bc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
I have ridden bikes with ABS since the 90's (BMW,Triump). Outside of not skidding in a straight line panic stop, there really should be no way you encounter any different feel or performance in your braking. You should not really even know you have ABS brakes unless you panic stop and the wheels don't lock up.

What is different about your new bikes braking that you think is due to ABS?
Not entirely true, if I have a pretty quick need to warm up my tires on a cool day I do it partially by slamming brakes heading into a stop sign when there's nobody behind me, amongst other things. That's one time I don't want ABS to engage. Feels funky and partially defeats my intent.

Old 07-09-2016, 04:05 AM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by 3bc
Not entirely true, if I have a pretty quick need to warm up my tires on a cool day I do it partially by slamming brakes heading into a stop sign when there's nobody behind me, amongst other things. That's one time I don't want ABS to engage. Feels funky and partially defeats my intent.
If you are warming up your tires by skidding to a stop sign, you are only warming up the small patch of rubber that is in contact with the road.

I have to give you credit for coming up with the most bizarre reason to reject the overwhelming benefits of the single most significant safety improvement in motorcycling history.

The following users liked this post:
saddleupmc (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Crispy Nubbins
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
i'm tapping out... i see minds are closed
I understand exactly what your saying brother. My mind is open & will start modifing it. I didn't want to add to my payment so I didn't do the add stuff on during the finance portion. Yes your wallet gives you options as does mine. But when you order this bike they don't ask you what color you want, what rims do you want, what seat do you want it what bars you want. It only comes 1 way. Now when they ask you what do you want to add or change & customize that's when your wallet opens. We understand what you mean. But what everyone else is saying is that Harley only makes this bike 1 way from the " factory". What you do to it after the factory finishes it is up to you.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:47 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy Nubbins
I understand exactly what your saying brother. My mind is open & will start modifing it. I didn't want to add to my payment so I didn't do the add stuff on during the finance portion. Yes your wallet gives you options as does mine. But when you order this bike they don't ask you what color you want, what rims do you want, what seat do you want it what bars you want. It only comes 1 way. Now when they ask you what do you want to add or change & customize that's when your wallet opens. We understand what you mean. But what everyone else is saying is that Harley only makes this bike 1 way from the " factory". What you do to it after the factory finishes it is up to you.
i understood that. said as much.... posted a link to going through this myself in october of 2015 with my dyna purchase. folks only see what they want to see. it does not come 1 way. comes 1 way if you accept the canned process. that's why i tapped out... no point in going back and forth over it... some people just buy "suits off the rack" and are fine with it. others say... i want this that and that here's the money... or i'm walking. dig? prime example:http://www.tallahasseeharley.com/def...=xNewInventory

"if 6 was 9"

just used this elsewhere.... mmmm.. good!

now get over to the dyna forums and let's pimp out that bike.

Last edited by cvaria; 07-09-2016 at 06:29 PM.