Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 48 Fairing options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:25 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsirr
That memphis shades cafe fairing is what i want on my bike... But they are saying they dont make a mounting kit for my 49mm forks (2017 HD 48)

Fitted on mine which is a 2015...forks can't have changed that much

Old 07-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,183 Likes on 934 Posts

[QUOTE

Fitted on mine which is a 2015...forks can't have changed that much [/QUOTE]

Memphis Shades makes some fork clamps, for every fork size. I have several sizes in my garage. You can make anything fit with a little ingenuity.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:59 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
National Cycle Mohawk with a deflector.
Wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of the Mohawk.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:07 PM
EL in NH
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

http://rifle.com/Motorcycle-Fairings...-Fairings.aspx
even if your year sporty is not listed they will make up a mount set for their fairings. I have the roadster on order. I like fairings on a sporty.This is my first fairing. It's an old tracy design fairing from the 70's era.

HD48

Old 09-30-2017, 09:22 AM
14IronCross
Banned
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BensonUK

Fitted on mine which is a 2015...forks can't have changed that much
They actually did change that much from 39mm to 49mm along with mag wheels for the '16 48 model

Old 02-11-2018, 12:23 PM
JiiHoo
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered a Dart windscreen today for mine. Dont really care for how it looks but going to do some highway commuting in near future. Ill post some pics once installed.

​​​If someone has new discoveries on this subject please keep them coming.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:29 PM
City Worker
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don’t have a fairing but I do have a windscreen from “National Cycles” on my 16 48. I do a lot of riding in the High Desert and it gets windy out there. Makes riding a little nicer when your not getting bounced around.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Stolen 98
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
anything that fits a dyna (except fatbob and wide glide) is good. you need 49mm/adjustable fork clamps or alternative mounts for mid glide 49mm front ends.

people are pulling the stock fairing off of low rider s bikes and putting them in the classifieds too.

Do you know if buying a Low Rider S Fairing would be a bolt on affair? There are a few on ebay that look to include mounting hardware, but do not appear to include fork clamps... I have a '16 (48) I'd like to put a fairing on...

Old 09-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Jude Sudbury
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley quarter fairing, quick detach on 2016+ forty-eight

Old thread, but I was looking for answers to exactly the same question. Looks are subjective, but I think everyone would agree that a plain windshield on a Forty-Eight is ugly. Harley Davidson's own quarter fairing features on some of the Dynas in Sons of Anarchy, so is a pretty cool option for those wanting to add some wind protection to this bike without sacrificing style. But, that fairing wasn't designed for this bike, so I set about designing some brackets to make it fit! Not only did I have to design brackets to attach the fairing to the forks, but I also had to re-design the headlamp bracket since the headlamp needs to move out and up to fit the light aperture. The brackets work with Harley's quick detach fork clamps, so I can fit or remove the fairing in moments. I thought about marketing the brackets and headlamp bracket but the market is fairly niche! I put some feelers out on the UK Sportster Sickness Facebook page, but mostly I got a load of hate for daring to put a fairing on a 48! If there's any appetite for this solution, let me know and perhaps I'll look at producing a small quantity.

The following users liked this post:
48harley48 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 02:24 PM
48harley48
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight brackey

Originally Posted by Jude Sudbury

Old thread, but I was looking for answers to exactly the same question. Looks are subjective, but I think everyone would agree that a plain windshield on a Forty-Eight is ugly. Harley Davidson's own quarter fairing features on some of the Dynas in Sons of Anarchy, so is a pretty cool option for those wanting to add some wind protection to this bike without sacrificing style. But, that fairing wasn't designed for this bike, so I set about designing some brackets to make it fit! Not only did I have to design brackets to attach the fairing to the forks, but I also had to re-design the headlamp bracket since the headlamp needs to move out and up to fit the light aperture. The brackets work with Harley's quick detach fork clamps, so I can fit or remove the fairing in moments. I thought about marketing the brackets and headlamp bracket but the market is fairly niche! I put some feelers out on the UK Sportster Sickness Facebook page, but mostly I got a load of hate for daring to put a fairing on a 48! If there's any appetite for this solution, let me know and perhaps I'll look at producing a small quantity.
do u have that headlight bracket I could buy off of you

Quick Reply: 2016 48 Fairing options?