Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:32 PM
ronn39
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tail of the Dragon

ORIGINAL: FloridaDrafter

I'll be there June 16-20. Staying in Townsend.

-FD
I'll be staying that week just south of Sylva/Dillsboro (right off the bottom of the Dragon), FD. I looked up Townsend, but the only one I could find was near Charlotte. Regrettably two of my buddies riding it with me (on their VTXs) want to do the Honda Hoot in Knoxville on Wednesday. I may feel a bit out of place at that. But Monday, Tuesday, and ThursdayI'll be doin' the twisties! You guys have me drooling!!! Can't wait! This is one of the many sites:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Redhawk
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: saltlick

anyone know the address to that place, it would be cool to do an ariel view on mapquest or something to see how curvy it is.
Here ya go...................

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...4_Dragon%20End_

Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 AM
AKsavage
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to do it this fall after the HOG high octane tour.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:24 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mrs. Books and I are doing a tour of the south-eastern United States this summer. We plan on hitting the Dragon from the Knoxville, TN area and then heading out the Cherohola towards Birmingham. We will probably be down there the end of June and hit in on a weekday to avoid the traffic. Thanks for the tip on the Sweetwater BBQ. A definite stop!

Old 05-19-2007, 01:25 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dang, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut about Sweetwater, now there will be a waiting line the next time I go. [:@]

Old 05-19-2007, 03:40 PM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Iwill be there the first weekend in June (2nd-3rd?). Will have to try the Sweetwater.

Mark

Old 05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
jedsporty883
Tourer

Don't forget to check out Killboy.com to see if your pic is on the web of you and your bike in action on the Dragon.I'm out of commission for a month or so yet, having had a minor stroke about two weeks ago, but I will be back on my Sporty again as soon as the doctor releases me.Another interesting ride is the Tellico-Reliance Road that takes you to Webb's gas station on the Hiwassee river at State Rd. 30. It's interesting to read how many of you are planning to be here or have just been here to ride this areas roads. We were set to leave for Indiana and Ohio to attend the Hog convention in West Chester, but now that is scrapped.Oh well, there will be other trips. Have heard that drinking beer slows down the recovery process, so I'm going to be drinking more iced tea now when we stop for a bite. Bikes and beer just seem to go together quite a bit.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:05 AM
FloridaDrafter
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ronn39

I'll be there June 16-20. Staying in Townsend.

-FD
I'll be staying that week just south of Sylva/Dillsboro (right off the bottom of the Dragon), FD. I looked up Townsend, but the only one I could find was near Charlotte. Regrettably two of my buddies riding it with me (on their VTXs) want to do the Honda Hoot in Knoxville on Wednesday. I may feel a bit out of place at that. But Monday, Tuesday, and ThursdayI'll be doin' the twisties! You guys have me drooling!!! Can't wait! This is one of the many sites:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html
Townsend is 35 miles Nothwest of Sylva (as the crow flies), between Pigeon Forge and Maryville, near the North end of the Dragon. I'll be with a group of Honda and other metricguys also.

-Andy

Old 05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
ronn39
Road Master

Townsend is 35 miles Nothwest of Sylva (as the crow flies), between Pigeon Forge and Maryville, near the North end of the Dragon. I'll be with a group of Honda and other metricguys also.

-Andy
I found it on the map, Andy. I was looking in NC, not TN. You are close as the crow flys, but a whole different story by road. Maybe you and I can go fishing that day my buddies go to the Honda Hoot (my guess is that's where your friends are headed as well).

I'll PM you and SportyPig to see if we can't work out a get-together.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Man, I gotta make time to do this sometime. Looks like a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon