Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles will never get anymore of my business...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016 | 11:23 AM
lucky23
|
Cruiser
Default J&P Cycles will never get anymore of my business...

Ordered a set of top end gaskets over a month ago, bike is apart waiting to install them. Went online to check the tracking and UPS got a notification for shipping, but never received them from JP. So, I try their online customer service chat. The rep says my order shipped, I tell him it didn't, he checks and says sorry, it hasn't shipped, and then CUTS OFF THE CHAT. I then call them and wait on hold 20 minutes EXACTLY. I finally talk to someone and inform them to cancel my damn order and refund me my money immediately. He says he will "open a case" and refund my money within 24hours. That was Monday morning and no refund or cancellation order posted to my J&P online account. Anyone else dealing with this crap?

Old 04-14-2016 | 11:32 AM
azsportpilot
Advanced

It has been widely reported that J&P is having major problems due to a new warehouse location or something like that, logistical problems are understandable, but their reputed lack of communication is disturbing

It is rare to hear of anyone getting their stuff in a timely manner recently... or getting an email reply

just use Dennis Kirk..I think they are one of the very few that has not been swallowed up by MAG (motorcycle aftermarket group)

http://www.maggroup.com/

Burly Brand, DragonFire Racing, J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn, MAG Europe, Mustang Motorcycle Seats, Motorcycle Superstore, Performance Machine, Powersports U™, Progressive Suspension, Renthal, Roland Sands, Vance & Hines, Xtreme Machine.

all now part of the MAP family, though only J&P is being widely reported as having problems with customer service lately

So if you want to continue to support MAG then just order from ‘Motorcycle Superstore” instead, but if you want to send a message…. Order from their main competitor…. Dennis Kirk

Last edited by azsportpilot; 04-14-2016 at 12:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sgrider08 (06-13-2016)
Old 04-14-2016 | 11:52 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lucky23
Anyone else dealing with this crap?
Here's a thread from last month on this very subject.

Thread was eventually locked.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-p-cycles.html

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:33 PM
Diverrick
Tourer

I just got done with this same issue. Ordered my stuff weeks ago, never shipped it, didn't return e-mails had to wait on hold for about twenty mins, then finally got someone to answer the phone. They told me they did not have the product nor had they had it for a long time. We compromised with me getting a different manufacture product. In my case the manufacturer did not matter. But they could have told me up front, that they didnt even have the stuff, rather then let me sit for weeks with my bike in peices. That seems to be a reasonable thing to do, but I got nothing. Something is wrong, and they better fix it quick. This is a good way to ruin a good business.

Old 04-14-2016 | 12:34 PM
azsportpilot
Advanced

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
Here's a thread from last month on this very subject.

Thread was eventually locked.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-p-cycles.html
yup, i think this is kind of a "touchy subject" as J&P is a Forum Sponsor

J&P has made a "blanket response" on this forum but apparently not responding to individual customers emails

It's important that we are fair and stick to the facts, i think the other thread got a bit "off course" and decended into a J&P bashing session and had to be locked

Last edited by azsportpilot; 04-14-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2016 | 12:48 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

I've done some business with J&P a few times and never had any complaints. If you think that I'm in the UK so shipping could be an issue, but I've never had problems with them.
Sorry to hear that a few have had a bad experience.

TD

Old 04-14-2016 | 01:05 PM
Bonneville Racer
Banned

This is why I encourage folks to deal with smaller mom and pop shops. Ones who not only sell parts but actually have a brick and motor store that works on motorcycles. If there is a problem you can talk to somebody who actually puts there hands on the products instead of some $9 an hour lackey in the shipping dept. Plus the smaller shops usually have folks answering the phone who actually understand motorcycles instead of just looking up part numbers on a computer.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" is very true IMO. These big warehouse parts sellers can save you a few bucks but it is times like these when it probably isn't worth it.

Old 04-14-2016 | 02:15 PM
lucky23
|
Cruiser

Ive been using J&P for years and this is the first time this has happened. Too bad. I guess its my indy or Dennis Kirk from now on...

Old 04-14-2016 | 02:54 PM
cvaria
Supporter

ordered from them once. not a single issue. fast shipping too.

you had one bad run. why go haywire? it's ok to be pissed but, stuff happens.

like said above, you can go get molested at a mom and pop place... to "help local business" or some crap like that. will not catch me doing that.

Last edited by cvaria; 04-14-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2016 | 03:03 PM
jimothy cricket
Advanced

I had this same issue this past month!

We did resolve my issue though, and I received a free 1-year Gold membership for all my troubles.

I understand that they're moving and things are taking longer, but they could have shown more transparency and announced this on their website much earlier.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles will never get anymore of my business...