Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles will never get anymore of my business...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016 | 03:08 PM
OhioFatboy96
Advanced

Originally Posted by lucky23
Ordered a set of top end gaskets over a month ago, bike is apart waiting to install them. Went online to check the tracking and UPS got a notification for shipping, but never received them from JP. So, I try their online customer service chat. The rep says my order shipped, I tell him it didn't, he checks and says sorry, it hasn't shipped, and then CUTS OFF THE CHAT. I then call them and wait on hold 20 minutes EXACTLY. I finally talk to someone and inform them to cancel my damn order and refund me my money immediately. He says he will "open a case" and refund my money within 24hours. That was Monday morning and no refund or cancellation order posted to my J&P online account. Anyone else dealing with this crap?
Mine was on back order for over a month. I finally cancelled the order took about 5 days to get my refund, I have the same feelings never going to use them again.

Old 04-14-2016 | 03:16 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

Not to change the subject, but Monday I ordered something from Revzilla after 3pm. Tuesday morning the package was sitting next to my office door. I've done the math and it appears that if someone immediately pulled my order from a shelf, threw it in their trunk and personally drove it to my office, it should have arrived by noon at the earliest. Mind boggling!

Old 04-14-2016 | 03:24 PM
wiggum
Advanced

The B&M store burned my *** during bike week, wouldn't honor a price from their website.

But with that said I did buy a Bell Bullitt Carbon for 75% off, which I'll take but sounds like a terrible business decision. They had about 10 of them at those prices!

Old 04-14-2016 | 03:25 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

I just ordered from J&P on Friday and received my package yesterday. Not sure if the type of parts make a difference but I had no issue on this order or the 2 previous orders I've made in the last 2 years.

Old 04-14-2016 | 03:59 PM
TStephen
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria
ordered from them once. not a single issue. fast shipping too.

you had one bad run. why go haywire? it's ok to be pissed but, stuff happens.

like said above, you can go get molested at a mom and pop place... to "help local business" or some crap like that. will not catch me doing that.
My local shop has gotten me parts (Several times) for the same listed price as a lot of the online places. It's shipped UPS to the shop in 24-48 hours, I pick it up on the way home from work. Score!
Having said that, I recently set out to order something from J&P and saw a notice about shipping issues so I backed out of the order and went another route.

Old 04-14-2016 | 04:35 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Sounds like the MAG CEO should be on Undercover Boss. They obviously took their Anamosa, IA location for granted.

Guess it was harder training Monkeys than they thought. Management always think blue collar jobs are easy, until they try to perform them.

Old 04-14-2016 | 04:44 PM
HarleyScuba
Grand HDF Member

Mega Corporations controlling everything. Ever see the old version of "Rollerball", with James Caan?

In the past, I've used J&P a little less than Dennis Kirk. I've returned things to DK, with zero issues and a prompt refund. Bought a lot of tires from Dennis Kirk, too. J&P could have had a slightly lower cost, or a slightly different/more desired product, or I would've used Dennis Kirk. Haven't ordered from either, in about 2 years.
J&P used to be a family-run enterprise. I guess John Parham's successors, John had a lung transplant and retired from J&P a handful of years ago, sold to the highest bidder and are kicking it in The Islands. Good for them.
Vote with your wallet.

Old 04-14-2016 | 07:23 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Give them a chance to resolve their issues....and we all know they are having issues.

I ordered exactly 6 times this year 2016 (4 month period) from J&P. I also order from other suppliers but only providing my experiences with J&P.

The last order was made on 4/12/16 for a batwing fairing windshield and received it on 4/14/16 today...if you ask me that is pretty fast being across the pacific.

All orders except one were delivered promptly. I cancelled an order for a Mustang wide tripper solo diamond stitch with backrest since it was taking too long to ship..about two weeks and no change in status. When I asked, they could not tell me when it would be shipped. The person responding (I believe in chat) said they were having major issues as a result of moving the warehouse including system problems, so they were extremely backlogged. Got my money back for the seat and purchased from another supplier.

Last edited by hscic; 04-16-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2016 | 04:51 AM
cvaria
Supporter

they have a few DCs here in my area. no problems. amazon, ebay, revzilla, motohub, cycleplicity, hd,.... etc . you options for recourse are unlimited.

Old 04-15-2016 | 10:32 AM
Bonneville Racer
Banned

John Parham actually took a lot of the money he made from selling J&P and opened up one of the best motorcycle museums in the country. it is located in Anamosa ,IA. if you are ever in the area you should check it out:

http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles will never get anymore of my business...