Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics TruWrapz on '14 sporty, load equalizer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics TruWrapz on '14 sporty, load equalizer?

I asked 2 different sellers if I would need a load equalizer on my '14 sporty to run these turn signals. One said yes, the other said no. I have an email in to the company but no response as of yet. I guess there are also two different types, one does running lights and then switches to turn signals when activated, the other does just turn signals?

Does anyone know by chance if I do need one? I'm confused now.

Kyle: Are you using them as running lights or turn signals?

Dane: turn signals

Kyle: Ok, yes yo uwill need a load equalizer.
Since your Sportster is equipped with a CANBUS electrical system, you will not need a load equalizer in order for the Custom Dynamics TruWrapz 360-Degree LED Fork Lights For Harley to function appropriately.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:23 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane M
I asked 2 different sellers if I would need a load equalizer on my '14 sporty to run these turn signals. One said yes, the other said no. I have an email in to the company but no response as of yet. I guess there are also two different types, one does running lights and then switches to turn signals when activated, the other does just turn signals?

my dyna didn't need one (did full cd all around), something about the ecu on the canbus monitoring and correcting load.

sportster needed it, but it's an 2007... not as complicated. i'd just get signals and worry about it later. in most non-canbus cases, the LE is only needed if you go front and back anyway. plenty get away with just the front or back and no LE

Last edited by cvaria; 01-01-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:14 PM
kyle76
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013. When i called them, they said it varies and I would just have to install it and see if it worked without a load equalizer or not.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:10 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,221 Likes on 2,456 Posts

Can't tell you about the Custom Dynamics, it requires you do do some wiring, so possibly both answers you received are correct...ie: how you do your wiring may, or may not need a load equalizer.

We have a Plug-n-Play unit for your bike that does NOT require a load equalizer.

Just put the lights on, and plug it into the Harley connectors and ride!

You can see it HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com