Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster Front Fender

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 01:43 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts
Default Sportster Front Fender

I know there was a thread from a poster asking about changing his front fender to a type that partially covers the sides of the front wheel. If anyone has any recommendations, please post pics and let me know what/where you got it. If someone can find that Sportster thread, please post link to the thread. Thank you in advance for your help!

Old 12-15-2015, 01:51 PM
somorkc
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Www.badassglass.com aka oldies customs have a huge selection of front and rear fenders. Was considering a Indian type front for my Road King. Just haven't followed up due to work and holidays. Was also looking at an old style metal wfl fender for the rear of the sporty custom.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:42 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by somorkc
Www.badassglass.com aka oldies customs have a huge selection of front and rear fenders. Was considering a Indian type front for my Road King. Just haven't followed up due to work and holidays. Was also looking at an old style metal wfl fender for the rear of the sporty custom.
Thanks somorkc. Will check out the website. I know there are forum members that already changed their fender so wanted to also find out about fitment and if any mods were needed.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Justin Lynn
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by somorkc
lol well we know what you were shoppin' for when u were trying to copy/paste that link. Those guys don't sell too many motorcycle parts.

EDIT: I know it was just a typo.
Here's the correct link http://www.badassglass.us/

Last edited by Justin Lynn; 12-15-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: added link
Old 12-15-2015, 08:47 PM
somorkc
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, .us, didn't have any idea I typed that wrong was more focused spelling than the .US, not even going to look at the .com
Thanks for fixing that.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:33 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Also found this site called Sumax...fenders made for Sportsters.
http://www.sumax.com/loboy.html

Old 12-16-2015, 09:22 AM
sgthwjack
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Also found this site called Sumax...fenders made for Sportsters.
http://www.sumax.com/loboy.html
That is the one I used. Just don't forget to check clearance with the forks bottomed out. I've got to adjust mine a bit because it scratches the paint. Live and learn.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:43 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by sgthwjack
That is the one I used. Just don't forget to check clearance with the forks bottomed out. I've got to adjust mine a bit because it scratches the paint. Live and learn.
Thanks for the heads-up. Can you clarify what you mean by the forks bottomed out and where it scratches the paint? What size wheel and tire do you have?

Old 12-16-2015, 12:56 PM
sgthwjack
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Thanks for the heads-up. Can you clarify what you mean by the forks bottomed out and where it scratches the paint? What size wheel and tire do you have?
With the forks bottoming hitting a pothole, the back bottom edge of the fender moves up and back. Mine just kisses the voltage regulator fins. It's the Sumax Part # 8601S w/molded fender tip for 100/90-19 stock front tire. Another 1/4" further forward and it wouldn't happen, Just something I didn't think to check. I also fabbed an inside nut plate for each side to make the mounting area bigger since it's a fiberglass fender. Other than that it's just a matter of drilling holes for the mounting bolts.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:03 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for the follow-up response. Any tips on drilling the mounting holes so they are the same height on each side....did you use a temporary spacer between the fender and the tire?

Last edited by hscic; 12-16-2015 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Sportster Front Fender