Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone out there own a Victory???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone out there own a Victory???

Actually thanks! for the write up. Good insight..

I really dig the kingpin as well. My one beef with the vegas I test rode was the mushy front end.. Forks were pretty loose, but that might be adjustable.. This was the first model vegas also, so it probably is resolved.. The kingpin, however has the inverted forks and more designed for touring, I wonder how it handles in comparison.

Wish they had a model with the hammer inverted sporty front end and fatter front tire but the jackpot's custom fender look in the rear.

I actually much disliked the left/right thumb toggle for the turn signals.. Kept leaving them on, etc. Had trouble with that.. I guess it's what you're used to. A lot of the little black pieces including those switch housings would be the things I'd definitely change if I owned one. At least to chrome if not to a left hand and right hand turn signal setup. .... which brings up the one thing that could make Victory take off.. A good aftermarket / custom parts market.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
crager013
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the 8 Ball at the Gettysburg Bike Week this last weekend. From a distance it looked pretty cool. That was until I got up close. I thought they skimped on higher quality parts (i.e. the hand controls appeared to be cheap and did not align correctly, the rear fender looked a little thin, etc). But looking at pure bang for the buck, I was really surpirsed by the <13k price tag for a >1600 cc motor.
Time will only tell I guess.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 PM
shamboogiebanger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will never see my @55 on a victory. I dont like the bikes , or most of the people who ride them. I have seen a few that wer heavily modified/customized that wer ok looking (the motor never looks good), but it takes some work to make your victory not look like a victory. i have in the past ridden a vic, i thought it felt like a go-cart. I respect all bikes and most riders, but that doesent mean i like them.
polaris Victory, whatta joke. the least likely bike for me to pick, next to any OCC product

Old 07-12-2006, 02:10 PM
skitzo
Cruiser

So what does not liking the bike have to do woth not liking the riders. I think because of attitudes like yours people think that all HD riders are ********.
In order for a Harley to look good you have to drop about 2k into it. Just like any other bike from the factory.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:32 PM
shamboogiebanger
Cruiser

you ever hang around a gaggle of victory riders? i guess it could just be me. I have a friend who rides a vic, I think he dislikes the vic riders more than i do. he also says that their aftermarket sucks. to quote him,"a harley is a canvas for you to paint what represents you, and victory is like, this is what you get, NEXT!"
now, dont get me wrong, good people are good people no matter what they ride, but the vic riders (the ones i know or see around here are what im refering to) have this vision of their new american motorcycle being at the top of the bike food chain.
as for the bike, arlin ness or not, i just dont like'em.
if its got two wheels and its coming at me, i still wave. Respect all riders.

now as for "attitudes like mine" i was just sharing what i think on a forum. I like what I like, if anyone dosent like me or my bike or what i say, chime in. I like to know what other people think

Old 07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
skitzo
Cruiser

If you are a hard core rider doesnt matter what you ride, you will find your share of panzys in every bike crowd.
As far as the HD having he best aftermarket part support you are correct, no other bike manufacturer has it.
Funny thing is when you go to a rally and all the $20k/20 mi "Bikers" with $2k of leather on get together and see me ride up on the customed out Honda all you hear is nice Harley man real nice, they don't know a Harely from their own ***. Just funny to see all the bad *** wanna bees.
What ever you ride sport bike or a cruiser keep the shinny side up and God Bless you.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:23 AM
iplaypearldrums
6th Gear

My buying a Vic was an experiment in buying a Vtwin w/o car payments. My SC had 4023 mi. when I bought it. I know the resale value sucks but mine came loaded including HD bags. I plan on keeping it for it satisfies my v twin curiosity. Other HD riders wave and 1 said Vics were nice. As for spending another $10k to have an HD badge on the bike......naaaaaaahhhhh. My SC rides like a slot car and is fast enough. I never was into HD except for Evel Knievel's bike and the Street Rod which was meant to attract crotch rocketeers. I'm thinking about getting one if I can find a divorce sale.
As for Victory clothes; just as much a ripoff as HD's , maybe made in China too.
Also, someone @ my union hall said Victorys probably have more American parts than the HD's do. I can't back that up.
Personally I think HD F@#$ed the guys that originally bought their machines and catered to yuppies,etc. .....Polaris isn't far behind.
I wouldn't have bought the SC if my foreman didn't want his cop road king.
Have a good ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3502/FF9065075C4B449F899ED03C995B8E8E.jpg[/IMG]