Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone out there own a Victory???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 07:53 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Anyone out there own a Victory???

You know, all the bikes out there are nice. I'm not a fan of the metrics but they are nice. It's all a matter of choice obviously. Like you guys have said, A Harley is a Harley is a Harley. The good thing about Victory and their ingenuity in the engine/tranny dept is maybe they will put some competition out there for Harley to improve. I love the Harley's the way they are, but it would be nice to get more bang for the buck in the total package. A lot of people on this site really talk bad about Harley and that was a bit surprising to me. So far, I've had nothing but good things to say about Harley as a company and my dealer. (Read my post in the general section about Harley's MSF reimbursement money) I will say this in Victory's favor, they have Arlene and Cory Ness working on the styling of those bikes and I think thats one of the reasons they look so good. But again, I still love the classic Harley look. And in my own opinion, I think the Screamn' Eagle VROD and the standard VROD are way nicer than any Victory and that truly is the only Harley that can be compared to the Vegas and Hammer. You pay for what you get.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 AM
iplaypearldrums
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes,
I do. [8D] And I think Vic and HD dealers are thieves.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:17 AM
skullcrusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive looked at them. I think the 8 ball looks awsome. Met a guy who owned one and said he loves it. and that it rode very smooth. Ive also seen a Vegas on the interstate. The paint job to me looks to cheesy. Anyways i hope to be test riding one sooner or later, and it does seem like there offering alot at a good price and there new but i think they wil have a future in the motorcycle industry. But it will never be a Harley!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 AM
scrappy883r
Outstanding HDF Member

My name is on a victory deluxe. Nice cruiser. the newer style of the vegas, 8 ball and hammer are really cool looking bikes. As far as what people say in here it ain't a Harley. I got to agree with that. Victory motorcycles were never ment to be a Harley davidson clone! If Polaris wanted to copy Harley davidson they would have added push rods, shortern the stroke of the motor, and put on carbs. Victorys do not have pushrods, their v angle is different, and right from day one it was fuel injected Victory motorcycles are a completely different animal. It is still a growing company I love to see what is in the future for the victory motorcycles.
PS if one is very happy about their bike they do not care what the resale value is. They buy the bike to enjoy riding. A motorcycle is not an investment unless you got some collectors item type of bike.

brohrs, Maybe check out a victory forum to get better and more correct info that you are searching for. Also stop in at your local dealer and take the victory challange.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last but not least they don't have the cool clothes and accesories that HD has.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:53 PM
humpyy57
Tourer

WHY BOTHER

Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 PM
skitzo
Cruiser

Victory is one of the best bikes on the market hands down.

I owned A 03 V-rod, Hondas from a 750cc-1800cc, a Victory 8bal that I still have and my Sporty 03
I also have ridden the full line up of Harley Davidson’s from 03-05 due to my job in the industry.
The Victory 8ball will throw you back in your seat and take you on a ride you will not forget the thing is pure ***** with insane torque, I would take it over the Vrod any day that’s why I did sell my V-rod cause it just felt more like a sport bike then a custom, and the Victory looks like a custom and with Arlen Ness pipes sounds better then my friends Big Dogs.
Victory is in the same price range as 1800cc Honda VTX, Yamaha Roadliner 1700cc, and the Suzuki M109, and all of those bike are within the 12-13k price range, you get the best technology and 100hp for the money. No Harley will give you that.
But something goes for the Harley rider and the nostalgia of the bikes that nothing can take its place. American classic.

The reason Victory is not up there in the sales department, is because they don't have the advertising and marketing money of HD and not the years of loyal customers. They will be there soon though, and if you don't care about the tank badge on your bike and the image thing, Victory would be one of the best bikes in the style and performance department for the money.

But a Harley is a Harley. No matter what I ride I always have one Harley in the garage.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
1200c
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If harley went out of business, then I would probably be riding a Victory. I don't think the fit and finish of the Victory is as good as on a Harley, but I think it is better than the fit and finish on a Japanese bike. I still like Harley's (specifically my sportster) better, but I would probably consider a Victory. The 100 cubic inch engine and the power is what I like about them. I think they are ahead in that department compared to a big twin (the sportster comes real close in terms of quickness). I am not crazy about their looks, but I think the bikes look good. They at the very least look better than japanese bikes. I also have a lot more respect for them because they didn't just clone a Harley like many of the Japanese cruisers.

I really hope they make it. I am thinking about test riding one soon and see how I like it. Just because I can and because I want to know how that big performs. I wonder the power it would produce with a stage 1 upgrade.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: skitzo

Victory is one of the best bikes on the market hands down.

I owned A 03 V-rod, Hondas from a 750cc-1800cc, a Victory 8bal that I still have and my Sporty 03
I also have ridden the full line up of Harley Davidson’s from 03-05 due to my job in the industry.
The Victory 8ball will throw you back in your seat and take you on a ride you will not forget the thing is pure ***** with insane torque, I would take it over the Vrod any day that’s why I did sell my V-rod cause it just felt more like a sport bike then a custom, and the Victory looks like a custom and with Arlen Ness pipes sounds better then my friends Big Dogs.
Victory is in the same price range as 1800cc Honda VTX, Yamaha Roadliner 1700cc, and the Suzuki M109, and all of those bike are within the 12-13k price range, you get the best technology and 100hp for the money. No Harley will give you that.
But something goes for the Harley rider and the nostalgia of the bikes that nothing can take its place. American classic.

The reason Victory is not up there in the sales department, is because they don't have the advertising and marketing money of HD and not the years of loyal customers. They will be there soon though, and if you don't care about the tank badge on your bike and the image thing, Victory would be one of the best bikes in the style and performance department for the money.

But a Harley is a Harley. No matter what I ride I always have one Harley in the garage.
Well put.. The Vic's are their own breed. There's no replacing the classic machine that is the Heritage Softail Classic (for example).. but I agree I think the Vic's will eventually be their own signature icon.. hopefully as their dealer base grows.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Shannon
Novice

My wife is registered here with an 05 883C. But I own a 04 Victory Kingpin. I wouldn't have even thought to look at these bikes if it weren't for a friend that had one of the first Victorys ever made. I did not like the looks of the earlier ones, but being American made is what made me look. In 2003 they designed the Vegas with a totally different look. In 2004 came the Kingpin. 2005 the Hammer. 2006 the Jackpot. Now we are still waiting on what the 07 model is going to be. Rumor has it to be a bagger. Anyway anything I bought was going to be American made, period. If I would have been looking for a new bike, HD would have appealed more because of price. The new Victorys are $13K up to $21K. But they have not had good resale prices. That matters some what to me because I may want to upgrade to a newer model some day. On the flip side, I had looked at the Kingpin I bought for about a month and just decided I would have that bike for quite a while. It was a demo with 2500 miles. I had them throw a couple of things in and out the door price was under $11K. My wife bought her 05 883C the next day out the door for under $9500 with $1000 of extras. I did not take her long to start thinking of a bigger bike. She finally rode mine and couldn't believe how smooth it rode. We have had her Sporty advertised for sale for at least 5 months and only had 2 people ask about it. The resale on it has dropped considerably also. Since then we have looked into getting a better seat, some louder bettering looking pipes (Hooker Troublemakers), better reach handle bars, etc. Now I think she has decided to just keep her Sporty. I like both the bikes. Anyway, I do think the Victory is built better and stronger. The engine and transmission were designed by a diesel mechanic. Can you say over kill? There have been some problems with some of the bikes. The earlier years had trasmission problems. Some of the 06 models have had a few minor problems, but on the most part Victory has done very well to fix these problems. I, luckily got a bike that is flawless. Also, the paint jobs on the Victory bikes is as good as some Custom bikes.
About the turn signals, I have not rode many bikes in my life, but the Harley turn signals with one on each side is the first time I have ever seen that. When we brought my wife's bike home, unloaded it from the trailer and looked it over really good, we noticed the turn signals. I could not believe they were not on the left. When I ride her bike, I don't even use them because I just can't get used to using both hands the signal.
I didn't mean to write a novel here, but I felt compelled to reply to this post. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Quick Reply: Anyone out there own a Victory???