Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone installed fairings on their Sporty? - Please post pic

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 05:48 AM
EXNAUTI
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hscic,
I've been in the same position as you - hoping to add a fairing over the winter.
Would love to just grab a MS but think they're to much $$.
I've been looking at that one, & a couple others, on FleeBay.
Good luck with the install, I'll be following closely. Please document your install steps!

Old 10-21-2015, 10:00 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

@BensonUK - yes looks similar in shape, stance, and quality as the MS version at a much lower price point. We will see if the perception is accurate when I get it.

@DavidStiebel and Exnauti - Thanks. Will do.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:06 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hscic
@BensonUK - yes looks similar in shape, stance, and quality as the MS version at a much lower price point. We will see if the perception is accurate when I get it.

@DavidStiebel and Exnauti - Thanks. Will do.

Good luck hscic. This will be a fun mini-project. Let me know if you need any info/pics etc. on QD hardware setup.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:46 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Good luck hscic. This will be a fun mini-project. Let me know if you need any info/pics etc. on QD hardware setup.
Thanks for the offer Kingxirol. Starting off wrong already...what does "QD" mean? LOL

If you mean "HD" then any helpful tips to make the install easier is much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by hscic; 10-21-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:54 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the offer Kingxirol. Starting off wrong already...what does "QD" mean? LOL

If you mean "HD" then any helpful tips to make the install easier is much appreciated. Thanks
QD = Quick-detach. Not sure which hardware you ordered. I went with 39mm quick release clamps, some small hardware finagled from another windshield and a couple of L brackets from hardware store to make it all work and have it reasonably easy to detach (not 100% quick-detach though).

Hopefully these below pics can help you figure out how I mounted it. Last pic is of the side-profile look of the mounted fairing. Due to mini-apes, the fairing is slightly leaning forward more than I would've liked but overall it looks and performs well.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone installed fairings on their Sporty? - Please post pic-20150316_101212.jpg   Anyone installed fairings on their Sporty? - Please post pic-20150316_101234.jpg   Anyone installed fairings on their Sporty? - Please post pic-20150426_140013.jpg  
Old 10-21-2015, 08:28 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingxirol
QD = Quick-detach. Not sure which hardware you ordered. I went with 39mm quick release clamps, some small hardware finagled from another windshield and a couple of L brackets from hardware store to make it all work and have it reasonably easy to detach (not 100% quick-detach though).

Hopefully these below pics can help you figure out how I mounted it. Last pic is of the side-profile look of the mounted fairing. Due to mini-apes, the fairing is slightly leaning forward more than I would've liked but overall it looks and performs well.
I did not know fairings were attached to the handlebar....I thought both brackets were mounted to the fork.

This is the QD mounts that I bought for the fairing bracket.
http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....ware-58164-96a

I believe the fairings come with quick release trigger mounts.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Panchorelly
Road Warrior
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rhariz21
here was my first fairings. like taipan, just an ebay one

i just purchased this Arlen Ness fairing and i like it a lot better. you can store stuff in it too! haha

I am guessing that is the Arlen ness narrow glide fairing? Looks good but how well does it work as far as blocking some wind?

Old 11-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Frankzilla
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am thinking of purchasing fairings for my 2011 XL1200L and would like to see what it looks like on the bike. There are some in the sporty bagger thread but just wondering if there are others.

Appreciate any pictures of your fairings. Please let me know type and who made them e.g. Memphis shades, Tsukaya, USA-Biker.com, etc. I am also concerned that I won't be able to see the road clearly....i.e. can you see over the fairing windshield? Does the fairing block your view of the road?

I am mainly interested in Batwing fairings but open to all types/styles. Thank you in advance for your help!
i purchased the memphis shades gauntlet fairing for my iron and it works pretty damn good..looks killer too! Id recommend it! Im 5'4 and can see the road just fine...

Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

@Frankzilla - It does look good and matches your style bike. Thanks for sharing.

I already purchased and received an aftermarket batwing fairing. Will be installing it unpainted to see if I like it to determine whether to sell it or send it to the graphics painter I get it color matched and pinstriped.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Frankzilla
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

@Frankzilla - It does look good and matches your style bike. Thanks for sharing.

I already purchased and received an aftermarket batwing fairing. Will be installing it unpainted to see if I like it to determine whether to sell it or send it to the graphics painter I get it color matched and pinstriped.
Nice!! good luck with that bro!

Quick Reply: Anyone installed fairings on their Sporty? - Please post pic