Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

waving to 3 wheelers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Ratwerke
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray on the drums
Something else we could all do to help us!

A little wave or nod to the caggers who looked
twice and noticed us wouldn't be a bad idea.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM
kguittar12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why, but I also have a hard time waving at the Can-Am spyders. I've got nothing against the tri-glides, but I just don't like the spyders.

I'll still wave, but i wait for them to wave first.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:12 PM
bigmant
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chief08
u wave at me ill wave back
The world would be a horrible place if everyone in it was like you hahaha

Old 10-14-2015, 04:20 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll give ya the wave especially if you are a hot chick!

Old 10-14-2015, 04:51 PM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Curt1953
I started a Thread like this a few years ago. I got my butt ripped good for it. Another member on here even went over on the Cam-Am site and told them that there was a guy here ragging on them. Things got so bad here with the fighting and all, and the name calling in PM's I had to ask a MOD to delete the Thread. Funny that I haven't seen either of those members since, I wonder why. Oh by the way. I still don't wave at Spyder riders. Anyone want to go over on the Can-Am forum and tell them that. LOL
I was actually expecting that kind of reaction. but its been kind of tame. I guess maybe the world is a better place now, we can all live happily ever after knowing 95% of the biker community waves to everybody cept us lol I remember back 25 years ago, Harley guys wouldn't dare wave to a jap bike (I know, not PC) you just didn't do it. personally I couldn't care less what brand your riding since I don't wave much to anyone, but definitely not waving to backwards 3 wheelers. there, I said it...

I know on a previous reply, a bagger accused me of not waving to tri glides (OMG) but that's not what I said...I specifically said those backwards can am 3 wheelers. big difference. but there's always one...

Last edited by scottylonebull; 10-14-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by scottylonebull
I was actually expecting that kind of reaction. but its been kind of tame. I guess maybe the world is a better place now, we can all live happily ever after knowing 95% of the biker community waves to everybody cept us lol I remember back 25 years ago, Harley guys wouldn't dare wave to a jap bike (I know, not PC) you just didn't do it. personally I couldn't care less what brand your riding since I don't wave much to anyone, but definitely not waving to backwards 3 wheelers. there, I said it...

I know on a previous reply, a bagger accused me of not waving to tri glides (OMG) but that's not what I said...I specifically said those backwards can am 3 wheelers. big difference. but there's always one...
I forgot to add. I posted mine in the Off Topic section. I think you would've gotten a much different reaction if you did.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

I wave but i find the mentality of it a bit stupid. You don't wave at every passenger vehicle or truck that passes you. It makes me wonder who started this which my guess was biker gangs/clubs. Honestly speaking your just another person traveling down the road just like me and nothing else but hey if you wave at me ill wave back.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 PM
S.t.r.a.n.g.e.r
Road Master
Received 812 Likes on 248 Posts

to the OP...
I HATE the looks of Can Am Spyders!!!
I HATE Them.
IMHO, I can't think of anything else manmade that's uglier. My wife on the other hand loves the damned things! Doesn't speak well for me, does it?

That being said, look at the pic you posted.
The rider sits ON a seat and holds on to handlebars just like we do.
If he doesn't wear a helmet he will get bugs in his eyes an on his teeth just like we do.
The experience isn't identical by any means but it's similar enough that the Can Am rider feels a brotherhood of sorts with the rest of us. If he wants to wave, well...that's ok by me.

Last edited by S.t.r.a.n.g.e.r; 10-15-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:07 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

* I see Harley riders who look the other way not to wave, or wave back

* Sport bike riders wave more than others

* I wave back only, no discriminaton

* Sometimes I MicroWave ( a nod)

Old 10-16-2015, 02:42 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

always wave at three wheelers . we have room to haul the parts you need when you break down. LOL ... still like the 48's . Wish I had a gold card budget . Id have both.

Quick Reply: waving to 3 wheelers?