Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

waving to 3 wheelers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 12:07 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H
It's a lot of ****ing work waving to everybody on the road. Generally I'll return the wave, but damn sometimes I'm not paying attention.
ditto... one of the bonuses of Sturgis, no waving for 2 weeks.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:06 AM
Sootylad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the UK its always a subtle nod - But I guess we're reserved like that... Can't go around waving at folk on Her Majesty's soil

Generally nod at anybody who has a full licence, and the smaller stuff on L plates if they nod at me first.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:49 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac
I should elaborate. Yes, I indeed wave at three wheelers especially. Around these parts, most three wheelers are old timers. They weren't trikers first, they were old bikers first. For some reason or another, back ache, knee joints, whatever, they graduated to three wheels. Hell, they could have got a topless corvette, but you can't gas that up between your legs. I never let these guys go by without a wave.
An elderly friend of mine has finally given up his big bikes and got himself one of these, so he can carry on riding. I'm not sure, but I think he's around 80. I've had to change my mind about them!

Another elderly biking friend has gone down your other route and got himself one of these, which is probably faster than his bike!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Where I live people very rarely wave, so I stopped doing so myself a good few years back. Bizarelly kids on mopeds tend to wave at me on the Harely and I quickly return the gesture. I waved at some guys on a big Harleys and got blanked. Maybe i took them by surprise...

Old 10-14-2015, 08:26 AM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Huh? You ride a Sportster and look down at TriGlides?

Enjoy the winter.
obviously you cant read....or understand the post. I even put pictures up for people like you, yet, you still commented...and made fun of sportsters in a sportster forum

Last edited by scottylonebull; 10-14-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:44 AM
nathan-hd48
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

definitely a waver (when safe of course).

I also wave to OHRV because where I ride in northern NH they are street legal in two of the largest towns. So it's not uncommon to be on your bike and ride past someone on 4 person OHRV.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:43 AM
rick-e-b
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wave at all bikes and trikes when I can. However often I am clutching, navigating traffic or looking at a site off the side of the road. In other words I do not spend my time looking at the oncoming lane for someone to wave at. I've found many Tri-glide owners to be either elderly, disabled, or just uncomfortable handling a full sized motorcycle. I do not know much about the Can-am riders they appear to be more sports car crossovers, but either way I will wave. That's just the way most folks are in East Tennessee.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Fenlander
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we do a low-key nod, or slight tip, of the head here as a greeting, we don't wave. But I'm happy to greet anything and anyone motorised on two wheels, scooter, learner, whatever. I don't often see trikes or three-wheelers, but I nod when I do.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,334 Likes on 536 Posts

I wave. Scooters, trikes, cool cars, police, kids on the playground and especially those that kindly yielded the right of way for me in traffic. I also give a special thank you wave and nod to folks on lawnmowers who visibly disengage the mower when they see me. How can you be grumpy when you ride?

Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I started a Thread like this a few years ago. I got my butt ripped good for it. Another member on here even went over on the Cam-Am site and told them that there was a guy here ragging on them. Things got so bad here with the fighting and all, and the name calling in PM's I had to ask a MOD to delete the Thread. Funny that I haven't seen either of those members since, I wonder why. Oh by the way. I still don't wave at Spyder riders. Anyone want to go over on the Can-Am forum and tell them that. LOL

Quick Reply: waving to 3 wheelers?