Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportsters are a girls bike, WTH!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Pilotguy1050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sportsters are a girls bike, WTH!

aw...Cmon, TXJammer,

Sowe can't vent a little? oh... Ok....

Of course this site has been here since Methusela... so I know its an old subject, at least 50 years old, since the Sportster began... almost. there are no "new" subjects, unless we're talking about a 2008 Sportster... but the new year doesn't make talking about exhausts a new subject... if we do'nt talk about 'rehashed subjects', what are we gonna talk about?

Plus, I know its the vocal minority talking bad about Sportsters. That's the way it always is with every issue known to Man. But I fail to see how sticking up for our bike to someone elseis making a bad name for us. How about we talk about your girlfriend that way? Would that be ok too? No? That is my point.

Now, don't get me wrong; I think the people on this site ROCK.PERIOD. I like everyone. And, I'm as "get along" as they come, to a fault. I don't care if you wear a helmet or not, have stock pipes or not, like my sissy bar or not, or have gay chrome and tassles on my clutch and brake levers or not. That's what makesAmerica GREAT. I keep my opinions to myself (unless I"m making fun in a friendly way, and they know its friendly...)

But when someone starts to make personal attacks about me just because of the scooter I ride, I'm not going to just sit and take it anymore. I used to, but not any more. Lots of crotch-rocket riders are morons becaues of how they drive and show off, endangering the public; but unless I see or hear about them doing that, I don't call my friends morons just because they drive one. The comment I referred to was especially bad coming from some hugebutted rejectlike my local "buddy", who couldn't sit on a Sportster for $100 bill without splitting his butt down the center and flattening the back tire. So, what does he do? Decides to say snide crap that anyone on a Sportster should be (or is) a girl.

But, TXJammerMan, your point is taken. I'm good now. I just wanted to vent. Sportsters rock, and nobody is going to change my mind.

Off to ride now... Taking TXJammer's advice.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 PM
XL1200N
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see another Cedar Rapids, IA rider on here, now who here in CR is calling Sportsters girls bikes? J/K I get that alot around here, f*ckem.

Brian

Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It is not a girls bike

[IMG]local://upfiles/25674/E12342D829E345D69F5F2EEC4B519B2F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 293 Likes on 179 Posts

Dink we needs a sticky ....

Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah well screw em!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 PM
dragonfiregirl
Cruiser

if the sportster is a girls bike so what. i am a girl. guess i picked the perfect harley for me then

Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Getting kinda tired of these weekly posts...strangely almost always from newbies and hang arounds..hmmm??

Well,here's my advice for what it's worth - If you're insecure about how people view the bike you bought sell it and buy something else. You really don't need to keep defending something that doesn't need to be defended in the first place.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Pilotguy1050
Tourer

ok Celtlion.. you win.

So.... how aboutlet's talk about replacing our exhaust pipes with some slipons and rejetting carbs then.

Would that bebetter?

Peace, Guys. I'm done with this one. I'm fine with my bike and I think its ok to tell the other guys that I am, too. If that don't make me secure, I don't know what does.

But because I pay my taxes don't mean I have to like doing it, either.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Zeb
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Road Head

Met a few big V-twin guys lately and each said I had a nice girls bike or something like, yeah my wife drives one etc. Its a Harley, so I can't figure out what the big deal is. I see women driving everything from Sportsters to touring bikes etc. What gives? The 1200R is way more bike than I need and way faster than I need to go.

Just challenge your friends to a race through the twisties; losers have to wear dresses and makeup to a biker bar.

That ought to shut them up.

All a friend of mine keeps saying who has a Springer Softtail with an SS 1340, every time I outrun him, is "I got to get a Sportster someday, I got to get a Sportster someday."

Where I live, I see more gals on large twins, than on Sportsters. 'Probably because there's so much snooty money around here these days.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Badass Sportie riders.

Michael Parks: Then Came Bronson

President of the: Hell's Angels.

Thebiker in the movie;"Wild Hogs" wanted the nerd's Sportie. He could have chosen any other bike but picked the 1200c.

Me because I'm a bad ***!~

Quick Reply: Sportsters are a girls bike, WTH!