Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the V&H fuel pak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM
hennyhog1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using the V&H fuel pak?

Hello All,
Just picked up a Nightster for the wife a few weeks ago. I ordered a set of V&H pipes & the Fuel pak. Now I posted a similar thread in another sporty forum & had someone reply to me that he had problems mounting it under the seat becasue theres less room under the nighster seat as opposed to the regular 1200 sporty. He went on to say that he basically has it hanging off the side of the bike.

Anyone out there expearence the same deal? Also what other options do you think I have?

Any & all help is appreciated!

Henny

Old 05-03-2007, 04:47 PM
hennyhog1
Advanced
Default RE: Anyone using the V&H fuel pak?

Come on??? No one yet???

Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM
MacAttack
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you may be on the leading edge. We learn from guys like you... so let us know what you find out!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 PM
chattigre
Advanced

HAHA! that's pretty funny...

Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
hennyhog1
Advanced

No actually it's this dude who did it first....chattigre. I'm just bugged out that the friggen fuel pak isn't going to fit under the seat or behind the battery cover!

Old 05-03-2007, 06:08 PM
sportygm57
Intermediate

I have an XL50 with Vance and Hines short shots and a Fuel pak also. The Fuel Pak for my sporty doesn't go under the seat. After you remove the battery, the harness unplugs from the module on the fender is is re routed back thru the battery compartment and the Fuel Pak harness then plugs into the module on the fender. After the battery is reinstalled the fuel pak then attaches to the side of the battery and then the battery cover slips on over it. ( don't forget to dish out more money for the air breather kit too!!!!)

Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
hennyhog1
Advanced

Sportygym,
I picked up the Screamin Beagle stage 1 as well.

Henny

Old 05-05-2007, 04:28 AM
chattigre
Advanced

ORIGINAL: sportygm57

I have an XL50 with Vance and Hines short shots and a Fuel pak also. The Fuel Pak for my sporty doesn't go under the seat. After you remove the battery, the harness unplugs from the module on the fender is is re routed back thru the battery compartment and the Fuel Pak harness then plugs into the module on the fender. After the battery is reinstalled the fuel pak then attaches to the side of the battery and then the battery cover slips on over it. ( don't forget to dish out more money for the air breather kit too!!!!)
yeah this is what the directions say to do, but it's impossible on a nightster. just ain't enough room.

henny, the other route you could try is to just get the dealership to download the harley map into your ECU. another dude on this forum said that worked out fine, but he was using slip-ons, so i'm not positive it would work flawlessly with the shortshots.

i think the only other option is to drop the coin for a SERT & custom dyno and return the fuelpack, if you absolutely positively have to have something that is not going to stick out from under the seat.

actually, thinking about it more, it might be possible for you to just stash both the fuelpack and the wiring harness under the seat resting above the stock ECU. it might be really crammed, but at least you won't then have anything hanging out the side like i do. i still owe you pictures of my setup. sorry it's taking so damn long. it won't stop raining here...