Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Pics of the Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 10:25 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

I was at the dealer today, there was one just like SLV's, I walked over to check it out and I saw the SOLD sign on it already.

W/o a doubt one of the best looking bikes HD has ever come up with. They should make this one a limited model. Collectible stuff imo.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:01 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
It'll still be cool even then. I like it a lot. The 110" motor has tons of grunt and the riding position is perfect with my spring seat.

Anyway, the only one I want to please is me! .
I thought so too but after having my 48 for 2 weeks sitting at a double left turn lane an identical 48 pulled up next to me. "Nice bike" he said It was at that point I decided my 48 will look like no other, I hate having what other people have

I do like the slim, I like the paint, I like the engine. There is no way in hell I would pay that much for a motorcycle though

Old 09-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
It is cool cause its unique. ..................until the next guy in your neighborhood buys one.
Exactly, The design is cool but your locked into the look like every other person who buys this paint scheme does and personally i don't like that thought personally

Old 09-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
There is no way in hell I would pay that much for a motorcycle though

I have the money , wife's permission lol to buy any HD i want. I just can't write a check for 20k plus for any motorcycle. I want a bagger i.e. Road King but i won't ever own one unless i can get a deal like i did on my Sportster. I bought a garage queen and paid half of dealer MSRP and it was just over 1000 miles. 1500 to be exact. 3 years old

Old 09-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 382 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
Exactly, The design is cool but your locked into the look like every other person who buys this paint scheme does and personally i don't like that thought personally
How are you locked into the look. If you get bored, or decide there are too many around, you take off the tank, and fenders and have them painted.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:50 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

Some people pay 10k for their bikes and then spend 4k or more to make it look like what they want it to. Now you have a 14k sportster. Doesnt matter it looks like no other, you are the only one who wants it that bad for that much.

Others pay 18k straight out for what they want to have and they have a Softail everyone wants.

For a man who can afford it, 20k is nothing to have a joy for his life. I just find it so mundane to see a group of small men coming on board saying how they dont have the heart or the ***** to spend 20k to those who do.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:54 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Default More Pics of the Slim S

Originally Posted by Wildon883R

.......like the bazillion black Harleys on the streets?

I don't think I run the risk of seeing the same bike very often. Judging by mid trends, even if I do see another, it will probably have:
V&H Short Shots or Big Radius pipes
Ape Hangers
And a huge thick seat with an equally huge thick passenger seat, and a backrest that looks like it's made from an erector set.

No, I'm not too worried about having a me-too bike. Worst case, I paint it black and disappear. I didn't buy it for the star, I bought the bike for the bike, and I liked the star.

Last edited by SLV; 09-06-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
.......like the bazillion black Harleys on the streets?

I don't think I run the risk of seeing the same bike very often. Judging by mid trends, even if I do see another, it will probably have:
V&H Short Shots or Big Radius pipes
Ape Hangers
And a huge thick seat with an equally huge thick passenger seat, and a backrest that looks like it's made from an erector set.

No, I'm not too worried about having a me-too bike. Worst case, I paint it black and disappear. I didn't buy it for the star, I bought the bike for the bike, and I liked the date.

It's all good. Don't let them get you down. These sites can do that at times. You will always have the jealous bunch that want to take the wind from your sales. You have, in my opinion, the nicest stock bike on the road at the moment.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:46 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Default More Pics of the Slim S

Originally Posted by Sticks24
It's all good. Don't let them get you down. These sites can do that at times. You will always have the jealous bunch that want to take the wind from your sales. You have, in my opinion, the nicest stock bike on the road at the moment.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. Nicest bike on the road is probably a stretch, but it really fit the need that's for sure. It's mostly a combination of HD catalogue parts, but in combination with the added ABS, cruise, hydraulic clutch, throttle by wire and the SE motor, the concept is more than the sum of the parts. In any paint, the bike has a lot of value to offer at $4k over the standard Slim.

It's all good with me. This is a good forum because people aren't afraid to express their opinions.

I don't know if the guys are down on the bike or jealous, I doubt it. No one bike meets everyone's wants and needs, much less their aesthetic ideas. I'm cool with that, and can appreciate the opinions of others.

I don't own a car or pickup or any other form of four-wheeled vehicle, so I buy the bikes that I want, and I ride every day as a form of transportation. Others have $35k pickup trucks or sports cars, or have kids and family to support, or whatever, and they don't see a value in spending money for weekend toys or bar hoppers. That make sense too. To each his own, as they say.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Well you being a bass player, and me a drummer, probably gives us similar good taste!

Quick Reply: More Pics of the Slim S