Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Sportsters with PCIII?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default '07 Sportsters with PCIII?

Is there anyone with an '07 Sportster that has a PowerCommander?

I'm not finding a map that works 100%.

I tried M817-003 but it seems rich in spots, especially at/near idle.

I tried Jamie's from Fuelmoto and I'm still wondering about this one. It seems to cough and sputter abit, but I only drove it in stop and go traffic so far.

Also, weather has sucked since I got this thing installed. 45-55 degrees and rain/showers, so I haven't had much time to play.

Anyone?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
dgates
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '07 Sportsters with PCIII?

Yep and mine runs great now. I've posted about it on here a couple of times but no one seems very interested in hearing about it. You didnt mention what you have done to your bike so it is hard to make a diagnosis. First thing is to make certain you DO NOT have the accelerator program enabled, itWILL run like crap. Seconed make sure your conections are good and that the map has actually beensaved to theunit. Other than that I'd have to know what you instaled, filter, pipes ect.then go from there.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
mcouture
Road Master

I can't believe we are the only ones with a PCIII on our Sportsters...anyway.

All I have done so far is add Cycle Shack slip-on mufflers.

I didn't even install the Accelerator Pump program so I assume it ain't running...

I will be doing some sort of Air Cleaner soon, just haven't figured out which one yet.

Here's a picture of the plugs after a 20 mile run on the M817-003 map:

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...CIII%20Tuning/

I'm uploading a videoright now on how it sounds/runs and you can see how it puffs black smoke just off idle. If I would lean it out, how/where should I start tweaking it?

I just re-loaded Fuelmoto's map which is "made" for just Cycle Shack slip-ons and I'm going for another ride. I'll report back soon...

Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 AM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine installed using the map for screamin eagle pipes and air filter not sure which no. map. I have screamin eagle pipes and an Arlen Ness big sucker installed. The bike runs great however, quick throttle when cold results in slight hesitation!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
mcouture
Road Master

Update on the Fuelmoto's map, it ran pretty well. I put new plugs in before the ride. I took them out after 25 miles and the rear looks good...starting to brown up a bit on the porcelan. The front however has no color at all on the porcelan and that scares me! I know it's only 25 miles but I'd like to see some color start on the front.

I now have a baseline on this map so I think I will try and go back to the DynoJet map and see the difference.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
mcouture
Road Master

I just got back from another 25 mile ride (at 55MPH).

I re-uploaded the DynoJet M817-003 map (DynoJet says it's for SE slipon mufflers).

It fired right up and idled really nice. It doesn't sound anything like before. I noticed that it did not puff any black smoke like before either. I'm wondering if my upload of this map before was screwed up...

I left the new plugs in (which have 40 miles and very little color) and they still have very little color to them. The front has less than the rear. How long before I get enough color to be satisfied that it's not lean? They now have 60 miles on them.

I think I like the DynoJet map alittle better than Fuelmoto's map. I found a little hesitation/stutter at light throttle around 35 MPH with the Fuelmoto map. I also got a little bit of high RPM, high load pinging when I got on it in 3rd and 4th. I'm sure it's all easily fixable though.

Check out the pictures in the link above as I added some new plug pictures.

I'll be riding on the DynoJet map for awhile and report back.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Dremel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have mine today from FuelMoto. Will not get to test until next week though.
V&H shortshots and K&N filter

Was disappointed by the PC web site. Saw only 4 maps. You would think that they would have a lot more. I guess they want to force you to goto a dyno.

Hopefully the FuelMoto map will work well.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 PM
mcouture
Road Master

I called DynoJet and asked if they will have more maps for the Sportsters and they said that if there was "a need" for it then they will develop more maps. They also pointed out to me that the PCIII is meant to be part of a dyno tune to get 100% out of the bike.

They said that the canned tunes should be 95% there on the tuningand to squeeze more out of it I would need to dyno it.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 PM
mcouture
Road Master

I did some more map comparison. The Fuelmoto map is a basic map (only has one table for both cylinders) and the DynoJet maps are the advance maps (separate tables for each cylinder).

I have run the DynoJet map (M817-003) for 60 miles and the spark plugs were not getting to colorful; however they didn't look bad(lean). So what I did was I copied the map and made my own map. I added +1 to every cell in the map. I rode 25 miles and I could tell at low RPM cruising that it was a bit rich. I checked the plugs and sure enough, soot was starting to collect around the base...more on the back cylinder than the front, so I know now that at least from idle to average cruise speeds this map seems ok on my bike. I may tweak the front cylinder's map a bit to fatten it up a bit in some areas.

I will fuel up tomorrow and see were I'm at with fuel mileage.

Here's a video clip while I uploaded the map: http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s241/mcouture87/Harley PCIII Tuning/?action=view¤t=harley00-1.flv

Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I'm suprised you're having problems and even more suprised that Dynojet didn't offer to do a map since so many people have the CS slip ons - I've talked to their techs there and they have both an 07 883 and a 1200 for map development.

I think more people like yourself should to call them and pressure them to do additional maps - that's why they released the PCIII in the first place and why they have new 2007 883's and 1200's in their shop.

You may want to call them again and talk to a different person.

Quick Reply: '07 Sportsters with PCIII?