Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Every Spring..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 03:41 PM
dhc8guru
|
Tourer
Default Every Spring..

Over the past three years that I have been riding in Dallas, the spring time gets the most riders out and is also a sign ofhow manynew riders there are and how many people will continue to use there bikes as primary transportation.This year has been pheonominal so far.. the gas keeps goingup and more and more people are turning to motorcycles.I personally believe that the motorcycle is going to save alot of people on having transportation when gas hit $4.00 a gallon this year. The public transportation sucks in the DFW area and for as spread out asthe area is some peoplecannot affordgas for the distance they have to travel just for work. I save $50 a week in gas driving my bike, thatmakes the bike payment every month. A friend of mine spends $160 a week in gas just to get to work inher pickup...thats insane andenvironmentally unfriendly.
Not to be a doomsdayer but there will be no end to the oil companies greed and every year they raise theprices$.75 a gallon during the summer and drop it down in the winterjust togives up a chance to get adjusted to the prices so they can hammer us again the next year, then again it will get alot of SUV's and trucks off the road.
People are going to SH*T this year.

Old 04-30-2007 | 05:33 PM
upnarms
Intermediate
Default RE: Every Spring..

I am a Dallasite also and watching the gas prices and fillups of $60 in my two cages it makes you wonder where bike sales will go. I have seen more interest at HD Dallas when I have been there than ever before. Maybe we will have more and more riders get the message. I for one will try to tell lookers the advantage of riding two wheels vs four and someday we may be the majority!

Old 04-30-2007 | 07:27 PM
totalgeek
Advanced

Its always a hard sell to people who are cage'rs. Everyone always brings up the un-safeness of a bike. hell I can be driving along in my Grand Cherokee and all of a sudden the steering goes out and I find myself dropping off a bridge. Things always happen in a bike or a cage. I for one wish I was still in California, rent was too expensive and I got a better job so I moved, but it was either overcast or raining. I can drive a bike in the rain. Where I live now it snows, so I have to shelve the bike for 4-6 months out of the year

Old 04-30-2007 | 10:56 PM
quig
Tourer

ORIGINAL: totalgeek

Its always a hard sell to people who are cage'rs. Everyone always brings up the un-safeness of a bike. hell I can be driving along in my Grand Cherokee and all of a sudden the steering goes out and I find myself dropping off a bridge. Things always happen in a bike or a cage. I for one wish I was still in California, rent was too expensive and I got a better job so I moved, but it was either overcast or raining. I can drive a bike in the rain. Where I live now it snows, so I have to shelve the bike for 4-6 months out of the year
It snows here too but snowmobiling and lawnmower ice racing make it tolerable

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:36 PM
dhc8guru
|
Tourer

I thinkgetting a motorcycle license is the biggestdeterrent for most people. The common quotes "what a hassle", "I have no time"... its like live life a little, even if you never ride, you can always say you have a motorcycle license and you did it.They know they drivelike Sh#t in there cars and know they can't drive like that on a bike.