Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Slip-on Muffler Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yet another Slip-on Muffler Question

I installed a pair of V&H slip-ons for my lady's bike and I think they are a good way to go.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:52 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Where did you order them from, my dealer cant find anything out about them and I want a set.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
pwnzilla
Cruiser

I was looking into getting some SE Street Performance Slash Outs but the dealer told me they suck and he sent all his back. He also said that on my '07 883R that has EFI installing even slip-ons would require a $500 new computer, can anyone 100% varify this for me?

I think he's full of crap, at most I think I would need the stage one download. After he told me the SE Slash Outs suck I talked with some people on here who say they're not drag pipes but they are louder and deeper than stock.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
drumer66
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

read my post up above..... i had just a download MAP thats it..... runs great

Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
markdt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you have on your bike now..If they are slip-ons you can modify the baffles to get more power and a deeper sound . Remove the bafles and using a dremmel ct off about 3/4 of the deflector. . Then remove 3 sections of the holes at the end ,1 section = 2 holes wide by 3 long just cut away the material between them. This works great and gives you performance and sound. Not as loud as drag pipes but close and deeper with less engine noise...Mark...

Old 05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
xor13
Tourer

ORIGINAL: pwnzilla

I was looking into getting some SE Street Performance Slash Outs but the dealer told me they suck and he sent all his back. He also said that on my '07 883R that has EFI installing even slip-ons would require a $500 new computer, can anyone 100% varify this for me?

I think he's full of crap, at most I think I would need the stage one download. After he told me the SE Slash Outs suck I talked with some people on here who say they're not drag pipes but they are louder and deeper than stock.
From what I understand, you do not need a race tuner. The download works good enough. Also, you only need the download if you get SE A/C too. The SE slip-ons do not require it. This is according the parts guy at the HD dealer near me.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
notmyspam32
Intermediate

This is where I get frustrated and confused (although I stay pretty confused). I've got an '07 XL1200C. I've been told by a number of sources that the EFI models don't require any other work be done when installing slip-ons as long as the only thing being changed is the slip-ons -- no download MAP, nothing, nada, nichts.

Drumer - did you have to do the other work because of the air intake work you did too? (nice look'n bike, btw)

Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

ORIGINAL: notmyspam32

This is where I get frustrated and confused (although I stay pretty confused). I've got an '07 XL1200C. I've been told by a number of sources that the EFI models don't require any other work be done when installing slip-ons as long as the only thing being changed is the slip-ons -- no download MAP, nothing, nada, nichts.

Drumer - did you have to do the other work because of the air intake work you did too? (nice look'n bike, btw)
If you don't change the air intake you shouldnt need a map. But why wouldnt you want to let it breathe??
It wants to breathe!!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
britbiker
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: eyemac

Yea, I figured the V&H mufflers were going to be pretty loud. That's probably louder than I'm looking for. Maybe I'll go to one of our local dealers and see if they have CS or SEII's on a used Sporty that I can listen to.

My bike is a late '05 with Screamin Eagle II's & man they are LOUD!I went with aStage 1 upgrade as well.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 AM
carpet dude
Tourer

I have a 06 1200C and i took off the stock mufflers and sent a cement stake through the baffle plate, the bike sounds great now and it seems to even run better. price? 0$

Quick Reply: Yet another Slip-on Muffler Question