Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bar end mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Zanejjnelson1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bar end mirrors

Figured I would post this real quick since there seems to be some confusion as to how to install bar ends on your handlebars. I bought cheapo mirrors from amazon, the 3 in round mirrors with 7/8 handlebar adapter. This will hold inside your bar if your wrap the adapter with some electrical or fusion tape to increase the diameter obviously, and it will stay perfectly fine. However I wanted new grips also and since I had expanded the adapter already i couldnt properly moosh it back into the handlebar with tape on it, thus the new adapter. So heres basically what I've got.

This is the Joker Machine 1 inch bar end adapter. Which will properly fit our handlebars.

The Arlen Ness grips on the inside have a washer followed by a rubber flap, then the actual end cap of the grip. Granted not all grips will be set up like this so you just need to get the end cap off to stick the adapter through the grip into the handlebar.

Thats the actual end cap on the grip.

Cut out the rubber flap with an xacto knife, obviously now you can install the adapter into the handlebar through the grip.

Heres the only potential issue, If you look back to picture 1 of just the adapter you see the small groove for the mirror to mount to. These are wider than the Joker Machine adapter groove, with the idea obviously of mounting the Joker Machine bar ends. I mounted this mirror to it and tightened them down and they hold on solid so I'm not to concerned about it at this point. And if it falls off the pair was 12 dollars so I'll get the proper mirror from Joker Machine if that happens.

Push the adapter into the grips and bars, tight the allen wrench bolt on the end of the adapter, it expands internally and holds it in place. It holds really tight, I don't foresee either the adapter or mirror falling, both are pretty secure.

And the backside just so you can see it as well. The end.