Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:43 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

Get the Mustang solo seat. Comfy and holds the rear in place

Old 07-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Barrier
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my 48 I was riding a Road King which I still have No thoughts about comfort or fuel capacity or storage. My riding has changed I really enjoy the 48. I did make some comfort changes installed a set of Street Glide Air Shocks and a Spring Solo seat. Those two items made a tremendous difference The seat give me much more travel to absorb bumps and the shocks smooth out the rear I have a set of Progressive springs and different oil for the Forks left to install.
At first I was nervous about running out of fuel I bought a 883 3.3 gal tank as well as a fuel pump to make the change easier for trips. Thanks for that idea Wachuko. I also bought a spare fuel canister to carry on my swing arm bag.
I never installed the Tank or even carry the spare canister. I just adapted my stops and fill up procedure.
In fact I am selling my Road King since I just do not use it. The 48 is so much more usable and fun for me.
Barrier

Old 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my 2012 iron883 tank still as I did a custom tank on the iron when i had it but I see you stated fuel pump why would there be a need for an different fuel pump than just using the one off the 48? I see videos of people just ussing the same internal of the 48 tank onto the 3.3 and even the 4.5 tanks people been using.

Is there info that I am not aware of on that part as I was going to up the tank to the 883 one in the near future. I dont mind filling up as well more often as I plan for only pleasure rides and where I live gas stations are always close plus like you said invest in the solo back with the tank can which I have already.

So now you got my brain all worked up trying to understand the fuel pump seems odd to have to get another one unless its the mechanics of it or something?

Originally Posted by Barrier
When I bought my 48 I was riding a Road King which I still have No thoughts about comfort or fuel capacity or storage. My riding has changed I really enjoy the 48. I did make some comfort changes installed a set of Street Glide Air Shocks and a Spring Solo seat. Those two items made a tremendous difference The seat give me much more travel to absorb bumps and the shocks smooth out the rear I have a set of Progressive springs and different oil for the Forks left to install.
At first I was nervous about running out of fuel I bought a 883 3.3 gal tank as well as a fuel pump to make the change easier for trips. Thanks for that idea Wachuko. I also bought a spare fuel canister to carry on my swing arm bag.
I never installed the Tank or even carry the spare canister. I just adapted my stops and fill up procedure.
In fact I am selling my Road King since I just do not use it. The 48 is so much more usable and fun for me.
Barrier

Old 07-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

He explained it "to make it easier for trips" He likes the looks of the smaller tank so switches it over for trips. If each has its own fuel pump then the swap would take less than 10 minutes.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rog48
He explained it "to make it easier for trips" He likes the looks of the smaller tank so switches it over for trips. If each has its own fuel pump then the swap would take less than 10 minutes.
Oh ok phew had me worried their for a minute.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:23 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I am thinking about getting a 48 and would like to know more about these extra fuel canisters and how you carry them. Who sells them? Thx.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Google this and you will see it

larosa solo bag with tank can

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I am thinking about getting a 48 and would like to know more about these extra fuel canisters and how you carry them. Who sells them? Thx.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Barrier
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Rog48 said it just makes it quicker to change when I wanted to for a road trip. When I bought my tank the price was right for the 2nd fuel pump. Although removing the pump is easy but I would not want to do it on a regular basis, chance for leaks etc.
I have not switched yet and I don't think I will since I adjusted my riding habits. Simply a solution for a problem that never materialized. The fuel canister is for emergency use to make me feel secure, I have not carried it much and never needed it.
The Shocks and seat made a major difference.
Barrier

Last edited by Barrier; 07-10-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:26 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy_J
Google this and you will see it

larosa solo bag with tank can

Thanks. Where I sometimes ride I may need two.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:57 PM
mohit
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you be interested in selling your stock exhaust system

Originally Posted by Daddy_J
Hello All,
Very excited I just got my 2015 Forty Eight I came from a 2012 iron 883. question is I have a pair of HD mini apes that I was going to put on the 883 but now that I have this I want to put them on the forty eight instead. For this to happen would I need to buy a cable/wiring kit or can they just be put on with out having to get extend cable/wires.

Also I need to really get that stock seat off the bike so if anyone know where I can get a good comfortable solo seat with a nice little back lip to it so i dont scoot off the seat and can hold up for a long ride please direct me.

I believe I still have a post up here for parts that I am selling also I have a basically new sundowner sportster 2 up seat I want to part with ASAP so I can buy some louder pipes.

Any help would be great.
Hello
Congrats for your new 48
Let me know if you intend to sell your full stock exhaust system

Quick Reply: Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions